Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnRgt

Good Idea But...

3 posts in this topic

I had the following LTE published in the March 4 edition of the New York Sun:

In “Uncle Sam Wants Tu,” Max Boot reminds us that the Pentagon can easily meet any foreseeable recruitment quotas by trading American citizenships for X-amount of military service with foreigners who are eager to become Americans [Opiniion, February 25, 2005].

If exercised, the effectiveness of this option will mask the crucial message America’s youth is sending by not signing-up to take part in the crisis that will, in all likelihood, define their generation, their Untied States of America, their world: If we would fight the War On Terror as we’ve fought wars in the past, America’s youth would answer the call for the same reasons they always have – it’s in their interest.

If we continue on our current path, it won’t be long before even those most desperate to become Americans question our understanding of the situation and our determination to prevail.

<end LTE>

My submission was shortened. As printed, the LTE doesn't spell out what I mean by “as we’ve fought wars in the past.”

If exercised, the effectiveness of this option will mask the crucial message America’s youth is sending by not signing-up to take part in the crisis that will, in all likelihood, define their generation, their Untied States of America, their world:  If we would fight the War On Terror as we’ve fought wars in the past, America’s youth would answer the call for the same reasons they always have – it’s in their interest.

Was "Untied[sic] States of America" just a typo?

Hi Tom,

It was a typo.

Due to hardwre issues I'm using the local Internet cafe's computers. I guess I need more time on the keyboard model they use.

Thank you for your time.

Johnrgt

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0