piz

Sending PMs Elsewhere

7 posts in this topic

I have a number of PMs here (both sent and received) that I'd like to save permanently. Is it possible to forward them to my email address? I regularly archive my email, so that would be the ideal place to put them, but I haven't found that functionality, if it exists.

Thanks!

I have a number of PMs here (both sent and received) that I'd like to save permanently. Is it possible to forward them to my email address? I regularly archive my email, so that would be the ideal place to put them, but I haven't found that functionality, if it exists.

Above each PM is a link "Forward PM", that you can click to do just that.

Thanks!

You can save all your PMs directly to your own computer. Just click on "My Controls" and then "Archive Messages" towards the upper left of the menu. Be careful though, because this archive feature seems to default to an Excel format. However, there is a pull-down menu that allows you to select HTML as the format of the archived messages.

=I have a number of PMs here (both sent and received) that I'd like to save permanently. Is it possible to forward them to my email address? I regularly archive my email, so that would be the ideal place to put them, but I haven't found that functionality, if it exists.

I don't think that will solve piz's problem. The "Forward PM" just forwards the PM to another FORUM member, in the form of a local PM.

You can save all your PMs directly to your own computer. Just click on "My Controls" and then "Archive Messages" towards the upper left of the menu. Be careful though, because this archive feature seems to default to an Excel format. However, there is a pull-down menu that allows you to select HTML as the format of the archived messages.
That works, although it would be nice to be able to specify individual PMs. As it is, it's only possible to send so many days' worth of them, all in one email. It'll do for now, but maybe you could suggest a change to the creators of the board software.

That works, although it would be nice to be able to specify individual PMs. As it is, it's only possible to send so many days' worth of them, all in one email. It'll do for now, but maybe you could suggest a change to the creators of the board software.

The "Archive" feature does offer a bit more flexibility than just "so many days' worth." You can archive messages by "newer" or "older" in the last X days, as well as how many of those. However, I will be glad to pass along your suggestion for individual selection of saved PMs to the Great Creator of Our Software in the Sky. (At least they do pay some attention to our prayers. ;) )

I don't think that will solve piz's problem. The "Forward PM" just forwards the PM to another FORUM member, in the form of a local PM.

Oops. I thought that I'd used it for external forwarding before, but apparently not. Sorry, piz. (Anyway, it *should* permit forwarding to an external address.)