Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duane

Racism in the News

5 posts in this topic

Today, CNN.com's front-page headline reads, "A Mother or a Motherland?", a reference to the adoption of children in Africa by the likes of Madonna and Angelina Jolie. The byline for the story reads in part:

"But the way those celebrities are adding to their families raises an interesting question: Is it OK for white families to raise African children? And if it is, at what cost to those orphans' identities?"

Good God! How small can the multiculturalist's fig leaf shrink before he finally sees himself as the nakedly racist person that he is. At least at CNN, one might expect an experienced editor to have peered past the frilly edges of the journalist's little fig leaf and said, "No way can we headline with that statement!!"

Notice that the byline does not ask if it is OK for Americans to raise African children, which would include black Americans. Instead, it asks only, "Is it OK for white families to raise African children?" Apparently it would be OK for black Americans to adopt African children because they, well, have black skin. (!)

I wonder how long it will be before multiculturalists finally just come right out and say it: "We believe that blacks are a separate species of homo sapiens."

It's just gross.

This is not a new issue. There are similar stories about American caucasian couples having trouble adopting American non-caucasian children.

I wonder how long it will be before multiculturalists finally just come right out and say it: "We believe that blacks are a separate species of homo sapiens."

It's just gross.

I thought the most brazenly racist example in modern media were the episodes of survivor which divided the teams up into racial tribes, including "white", "African-American", "Asian-American", and "hispanic". No idea why they don't ever seem to comprehend that Hispanic is not a race, nor why they didn't use the hyphenated "White-American", but those are side issues. They justified the decision by saying they wanted to be culturally diverse. So, this is just university ideas spilling out into the general culture.

This is not a new issue...

True. I suppose I just haven't seen it written so brazenly in the news before, as in "Is it OK for white families to raise African children?"

Here's a more appropriate headline for CNN's front page:

Self-induced blindness: The power of epistemology

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0