Stephen Speicher

So, how's YOUR November weather?

49 posts in this topic

Not that I want to gloat (er, hmm, er), but yesterday where I live in California the official high temperature was 91 degrees, though unofficially my car said it reached 93. Today the high temp was 96 degrees! But, unfortunately, a cold spell is coming. The forecast calls for a drastic drop to 81 degrees tomorrow (shiver, shiver).

So, what's it like where you guys live? B)

Let's see, right now it's been raining for the past three or four days. Today, it started blowing pretty hard, too. And, to top it off, it just got really warm (like 60s), which means all the snow up in the mountains melted.

The thing that keeps me going through the Seattle rainy season is that rain in the valley is snow in the mountains. But now that's gone...

Let's see, right now it's been raining for the past three or four days.

Which reminds me, to the 96 degree temperature I should have added that the skies are clear and blue, with a few lovely orange-red clouds dressing up the sunset.

Not that I want to gloat. B)

Anyone have snow yet?

Gee thanks... I'm loving the sleet we had a few days ago, and chilling weather. Go New York!

Oh, goody. Tell me more! B)

p.s. The previous high for today was 6 degrees lower, 90 degrees in 1976. So we are 6 degrees higher than thirty years ago. Obviously, global warming. Theocracy must be next. B)

Columbia, Maryland here. Sunny sky, very little clouds today. Big, bright, full moon low over the horizon. Millions of leaves on the ground. (Not to worry, a friend's teenager raked and bagged it all for me. B) ) Temperature varying from 35 at night to around mid 40's to mid 50's. Perfect weather if you want to get rid of your allergies. (By the way, I once read in a doctor's office that there are no allergies in December!! Something to look forward to.) Love the cool weather with no humidity.

And by the way, there is no chance of earthquakes here; not too much snow either the last few years (global warming); no tornados (tornadoes?).

Not that I want to gloat (er, hmm, er), but yesterday where I live in California the official high temperature was 91 degrees, though unofficially my car said it reached 93. ...

Need we point out that someone who thinks his car is talking to him has no credibility at all in his weather reports? B)

Not that I want to gloat (er, hmm, er), but yesterday where I live in California the official high temperature was 91 degrees, though unofficially my car said it reached 93. ...

Need we point out that someone who thinks his car is talking to him has no credibility at all in his weather reports? B)

Still using them horse and buggy thingies back East, eh? B)

I hope no one minds the silliness of this thread. It is election eve and, considering the intensity of issues for the past couple of weeks, and considering that I did not get my expected quota of laughs from the disappointing movie Borat, I thought a little silliness of relief would be in order.

The weather in Las Vegas was outstanding today, sunny without any clouds and around 84 degress.

I have lived in Maine, New York and Iceland and throughly enjoy southwest winter temperatures over those others any day.

Still using them horse and buggy thingies back East, eh? B)

Not for weather reports. Mr. Ed retired long ago. Our border collie Hilbert, however, is an excellent source. She refuses to go out when it's raining.

The weather in Las Vegas was outstanding today, sunny without any clouds and around 84 degress.

Hey. No fair. Nothing I can make fun of!

I have lived in Maine, New York and Iceland and throughly enjoy southwest winter temperatures over those others any day.

Ah, thanks. There you go. Iceland! B)

Our border collie Hilbert, however, is an excellent source. She refuses to go out when it's raining.

Smart girl.

But, how many rooms are there in her Grand Doghouse?

Well, my hometown is San Diego, and I'm from Los Angeles originally, but currently going to school back east. I miss the weather in California, but it's not too bad right now. I'm dreading winter, and August was horrible.

Smart girl.

Six, including her study/library, but there is no doghouse. She runs the house.

Well, my hometown is San Diego, and I'm from Los Angeles originally, but currently going to school back east. I miss the weather in California, but it's not too bad right now. I'm dreading winter, and August was horrible.

Oh, goodie, then we can make fun of you. B)

Actually, you get special dispensation based on your hometown and the fact that you miss the Caifornia weather. Hope you make it back soon. But, biggest hopes are that you are enjoying school!

It is election eve and, considering the intensity of issues for the past couple of weeks, and considering that I did not get my expected quota of laughs from the disappointing movie Borat, I thought a little silliness of relief would be in order.

With weather such as you're enjoying, it's real easy to make merry. B)

I live 6 miles from DC, in Northern Virginia. Pretty cold, but still quite sunny.

I actually found Borat very, very funny, even though it pushed the envelope on vulgarity. They don't make comedies like Hello, Dolly! any more. Walther Matthau is guaranteed to leave you in stitches.

Smart girl.

Six, including her study/library, but there is no doghouse. She runs the house.

She sounds adorable. B)

But, for a mathematician I'm surprised you missed the pun in how many rooms there are in HILBERT'S Grand Doghouse.

I actually found Borat very, very funny, even though it pushed the envelope on vulgarity.

I marked that envelope "Return to Sender." B)

There were some very good laughs in it for me, but the vulgarity was bit much to overcome.

They don't make comedies like Hello, Dolly! any more. Walther Matthau is guaranteed to leave you in stitches.

The Grumpy Old Men series was in the 1990s, with Matthau, Jack Lemon, Ann Margaret (yum. yum), Sophia Loren (heart goes pitter patter), and Daryl Hannah (not too bad). Those films were really funny. In one, Mattau gives something like a can opener to a kid coming by for trick or treat on Halloween. B)

Northern California here, a cool 80 today, plunging into the high 60's tomorrow. We're tougher up here than those southern California softies. B) I might actually have to manhandle a light jacket tomorrow. B)

Northern California here, a cool 80 today, plunging into the high 60's tomorrow. We're tougher up here than those southern California softies. B) I might actually have to manhandle a light jacket tomorrow. B)

What's a jacket? B)

As a resident Texan I cannot conceive of someone actually gloating over warm weather! B)

After working outdoors through all the 100+ degree summer days in high-school, I just about salivate every time a cold-front moves in B)