Stephen Speicher

Little Miss Sunshine (2006)

Rate this movie   10 votes

1. 1. Rate this movie

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

After seeing the trailer for Little Miss Sunshine several times, I was really looking forward to this film when it hit the theaters. I saw it the day it came out, and I was extremely disappointed. A few good laughs here and there, and the semblance of a worthwhile spirit, but, overall, not much of either. A waste of a really good cast.

I really enjoyed the laughs, althought the movie could have been done better. I don't usually see comedies in the movie theater, so it was nice to laugh out loud.

I never saw the trailer, and didn't even know who was in it until I saw the movie. I bought my ticket based on a friend's recommendation.

It was basically a giant cliche (dysfunctional family goes on road trip where they bond and learn life lessons). I was waiting for the "winning isn't everything" speech but it never came. We got "you do what you love" (to quote the son, Dwayne), which I think might be the [semblance of a] worthwhile spirit Stephen mention.

The ending definitely made me laugh most of all. Abigail Breslin is a fantastic child actress. Her cute innocence was no small contribution in keeping this movie together.

However, I can see how one might view the film as cliched, contrived or unoriginal. Personally, I enjoyed it. 8.

The ending definitely made me laugh most of all.
Me, too. It stood out in an otherwise so-so film. I talked about that last scene several times with co-workers over the next few days.