Stephen Speicher

Other People's Money (1991)

Rate this movie   7 votes

1. 1. Rate this movie

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

This is a great romantic comedy, with some serious and fascinating philosophical undertones. The characters are perfectly drawn; I cannot think of a thing I would want to change for any of the three main characters. To see a beautiful, intelligent woman fall for Danny DeVito, and to experience it as a perfectly natural and meaningful thing to occur in the context of the movie, is a major accomplishment in itself! The great Gregory Peck, in his penultimate big screen role before his death, is just magnificent. The romance is beautiful and the conflicts are great, with a climatic scene pitting Peck against DeVito in a speech about ideas. A thoroughly enjoyable movie.

The actual tagline for the film:

Meet Larry the Liquidator. Arrogant. Greedy. Self-centered. Ruthless. You gotta love the guy.

This is a great romantic comedy, with some serious and fascinating philosophical undertones. The characters are perfectly drawn; I cannot think of a thing I would want to change for any of the three main characters. To see a beautiful, intelligent woman fall for Danny DeVito, and to experience it as a perfectly natural and meaningful thing to occur in the context of the movie, is a major accomplishment in itself! The great Gregory Peck, in his penultimate big screen role before his death, is just magnificent. The romance is beautiful and the conflicts are great, with a climatic scene pitting Peck against DeVito in a speech about ideas. A thoroughly enjoyable movie. 

The actual tagline for the film:

I loved it too! It's difficult to comment on this movie without giving too much away. Best to see it without knowing too much ahead of time. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how it turns out.

I was stunned when I first saw this movie. Stunned because of the way the characters were portrayed. Stunned by the ending. Stunned by the way the subject matter was handled. And, mostly stunned that such a movie came out of Hollywood.

Peck was wonderful. Devito was absolutely charming. A must see.