Stephen Speicher

Love Actually (2003)

Rate this movie   13 votes

1. 1. Rate this movie

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

This was a delightfully funny and clever movie. I gave it a 9.

Warning: Possible spoiler ahead.

Excellent writing, in how all eight stories are eventually integrated by the end of the film.

I adore this movie. It is well written, well directed, and well acted. It is funny, charming, and romantic. Above all, the movie does a terrific job of projecting love in many different variations. This is one of those films that when I run across it while channel surfing, I put the remote down and enjoy.

I adore this movie. It is well written, well directed, and well acted. It is funny, charming, and romantic. Above all, the movie does a terrific job of projecting love in many different variations. This is one of those films that when I run across it while channel surfing, I put the remote down and enjoy.

Ed said everything I wanted to say. A delightful film. See it with someone you love.

My son introduced me to this film just the other day (the same son who introduced me to Firefly - he's good at this :)). I also found it delightful. Special kudos to Max, the little boy, who had the guts to "get the censored.gif kicked out of [him] by love."

I've watched it twice now, and I have to admit to tearing up both times, in many different places. It was an odd feeling: I was elated to see all the characters finding love, but saddened by my own loneliness.

Special kudos to Max, the little boy
That, of course, should be "Sam" and not "Max." banghead.gif

Sorry that I am behind the times, but I just saw this movie and absolutely adored it! It might just be me and my love of sappy romances, but the movie brought out so much happiness in me and did a great job of portraying the different types of relationships (father and son, love at first sight, having relationships that can work, marriage, etc.) Especially after seeing Superbad (which was not the worse movie, but that is a whole new topic in itself), this movie showed the more romantic side of relationships that all of the other "teen movies" tend to leave out!

My favorite character in the movie was the stepfather, he did a great job in showing his kid what love is really about!!!

I saw this again recently and forgotten how much I love the combination of story lines and how they are tied together. It's a very sweet film! :huh: