B. Royce

Glenn Beck Show

7 posts in this topic

Tonight, Glen Beck, discussing with an economist the proposed new taxes (which he is against) on the wealthy, said, "I keep thinking of that book Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. Where is John Galt?"

Tonight, Glen Beck, discussing with an economist the proposed new taxes (which he is against) on the wealthy, said, "I keep thinking of that book Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. Where is John Galt?"

It's always nice to hear references to Ayn Rand, but who is Glen Beck? Radio? TV?

Radio. He's kinda like Rush.

Both radio and TV. He's has a pretty good, sometimes excellent show on CNN. I'm happy to see he's quoting Ayn Rand. That's great news!

I made mention of him two months. He had a superb show on Iran here:

Glenn Beck on Bombing Iran

Sadly, despite how excellent the show was, the net impact culturally has been quite negligible, as Iran is still there. ;)

Btw, on a related note, Rush once again quoted Ayn Rand on environmentalism, when discussing the Hedi Cullen "climate expert" from the WTC. There was an Ayn Rand quote on his website about how environmentalists don't car a great deal about nature, but not about man, complete with a picture of Ayn Rand. To be clear, this wasn't on his broadcast, it was on his website over this past weekend.

This morning on Glenn Beck, he interviewed Stephen Moore, who is Economics editor of the WSJ Opinion Page. Moore will be publishing a detailed accounting of Barak Obama's economic plans this week. Beck mentioned Atlas Shrugged, in reference to Obama's policies and Moore said: "If any of your listeners haven't read Atlas Shrugged, I highly recommend it. It's one of the most important books ever written."

Beck followed up with comments about his highlighted copy, pointing out how Rand was making fun of "Progressives" and some of the insane suggestions her villains were recommending and that politicians are now proposing those identical policies.

Given the strong possibility that Obama may be our next President, it was refreshing to hear this voice of sanity. Unfortunately, Moore's message was that behind all the double-speak, Obama is advocating removing caps on Social Security and raising the top tax burden to over 60% and destroying the most productive of our society. At least that's being said... on the Opinion page of one of the major publications in the U.S.

Anyway, good for Glenn Beck!

Obama is advocating removing caps on Social Security...

He and Clinton want to raise social security taxes by eliminating the limit on how much annual income can be taxed. They don't want to eliminate the cap on social security benefits for those pay an unlimited amount into it.