Paul's Here

Links

9 posts in this topic

Can link within text be made to automatically appear underlined and/or in bold so that they stand out? Currently, the link looks just like text and unless the mouse is moved directly over the word that is the link, it is difficult to see which word is the link.

Thanks.

It actually does appear underlined, if you use the default skin.

It actually does appear underlined, if you use the default skin.

I prefer the fluid skin.

I prefer the fluid skin.

I do too, and originally that was going to be the only option. I relented and set it as the default, but allowed people to switch to the IPB skin if they preferred

For the underlining, I just got in the habit of using the "u" and "/u" pair in between the "url" and "/url" pair.

I will add my vote for changing the "aesthetic fluid background" skin to include underlines (or other indication) for hyperlinks. I'm sure we've all encountered the confusion (most recently in the chocolates thread) that arises from their absence. In fact, I'd unreservedly call it a bug in that skin. Putting the onus on the poster to add the underlines himself is a solution that won't always work. It assumes that the poster (a) knows that many people use a skin that has no visual cue for hyperlinks, and (B) will remember that fact when he's busy thinking about his post content.

If there are CSS technical hurdles to be overcome in getting this change implemented, I happily volunteer my services in that area.

Mark

--

Randex - Indexing online media references to Ayn Rand and Objectivism

I will add my vote for changing the "aesthetic fluid background" skin to include underlines (or other indication) for hyperlinks.... If there are CSS technical hurdles to be overcome in getting this change implemented, I happily volunteer my services in that area.

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it. What do you need? (Write to me privately.)

I will add my vote for changing the "aesthetic fluid background" skin to include underlines (or other indication) for hyperlinks.... If there are CSS technical hurdles to be overcome in getting this change implemented, I happily volunteer my services in that area.

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it. What do you need? (Write to me privately.)

Well, that was quick! Thanks to Mark, who sent me a one-line change to the code, links are now automatically underlined.

I am so appreciative I have extended Mark's membership to THE FORUM for an additional year, at no charge. :D

Seriously, though, my thanks to Mark ("mwickens") for such a simple but very nice enhancement for THE FORUM.

Well, that was quick! Thanks to Mark, who sent me a one-line change to the code, links are now automatically underlined.

I am so appreciative I have extended Mark's membership to THE FORUM for an additional year, at no charge. :D

Seriously, though, my thanks to Mark ("mwickens") for such a simple but very nice enhancement for THE FORUM.

I just noticed the change. My thanks and deep gratitude for Mark's solution.

Now, how about the quotation problem with "Reply"? Any solutions Mark? :D