PhilO

The man in charge of Israel's defense

7 posts in this topic

The man in charge of Israel's defenses:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17294091/

Sometimes a picture explains a lot.

When I first looked at the picture I was going to add a big "but," thinking that maybe the photographer caught him just as he was first looking through the binoculars and in the next second he would have stopped and removed the lens covers. But then I read the story and it says that he looked three separate times and was acknowledging what the Lt. General was saying. If this is really true, it boggles the mind that someone could act that way. Amazing.

When I first looked at the picture I was going to add a big "but," thinking that maybe the photographer caught him just as he was first looking through the binoculars and in the next second he would have stopped and removed the lens covers. But then I read the story and it says that he looked three separate times and was acknowledging what the Lt. General was saying. If this is really true, it boggles the mind that someone could act that way. Amazing.

Amir Peretz is, unfortunately for us in Israel, an idiot. It is not the first time he makes a fool out of himself. The trouble is that he is the Defense Minister...

Social metaphysics?

Amir Peretz is, unfortunately for us in Israel, an idiot. It is not the first time he makes a fool out of himself. The trouble is that he is the Defense Minister...

Maybe he should be dubbed the Defenseless Minister.

Or to quote Churchill (I believe): in a battle of wits he is unarmed.