dondigitalia

ABC.com

4 posts in this topic

I'm not a big TV watcher generally. In fact, I moved into my house in 6/05 and didn't realize until 11/05 that my TV had broken in the move, and I still haven't replaced it. But through DVDs and recommendations from friends, I've gotten totally sucked into ABC's Lost.

ABC has made it very easy for me to get my Lost fix every week by posting up every episode of all of their prime-time shows on their website for free viewing with only two commercials. That's not two full commercial breaks, but only two roughly 30-second-long commercials. I think it's fantastic that ABC has enabled viewers who don't even own a TV to keep up on the shows they like, at their own convenience, almost like having a DVR.

3 cheers for ABC!

3 cheers for ABC!

Amen!

And, not to take away from recognition of ABC -- it is really terrific to see technology used to change life for the better in both small and big ways -- but many of the television broadcasters are also making some of the most popular of their shows available for viewing on their websites. Fox TV, for instance, has 24, Prison Break, and other popular shows available for free viewing, and I am thankful to NBC for allowing me to catch up on an episode of Heroes that I missed.

I really like to see how technology changes our lives: the world, and life, is good.

And, not to take away from recognition of ABC...

If other broadcasters are doing the same, then they are equally deserving of recognition. I tend to be completely oblivious to the things that don't interest me, so since I don't watch their shows, I had no idea other networks were doing this too.

3 cheers for network TV!

Hip hip horray! Hip hip horray! Hip hip horray! :)

cbs.com also makes some shows available online. Of special note is Jericho, reminds me of Lost without the polar bears and killer black clouds [i.e. insane wierd stuff].

Although of NBC, CBS, and ABC I think ABC has the best interface format. It's very smooth and lays everything visually out in front of you.