Betsy Speicher

Stephen's Health

278 posts in this topic

Betsy,

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear of Stephen's condition. Please give him my best wishes for a full recovery. I'm shocked; he takes such good care of himself. My uncle and mother just went through the triple bypass in the past year and the story I heard is that Stephen may well have been operating with a reduced flow, due to undetected blockage and would - in that case - actually more energy than he did before, after he's fully recovered

To confirm what Alann says, my mother had a triple by-pass operation five years ago, at the age of seventy-five. Now, at eighty, she has more energy than she had at seventy.

Best wishes Stephen and Betsy !

Oh no! :angry:

The two of you are in my thoughts. Thank god he's ok.

Wow, Betsy. We were really shocked to hear this. Tell Stephen that Olga, Katya and I all send our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Daniel

I'm very glad to hear the operation went well for him. I hope he recovers quickly.

Oh no! It is good that the operation went well, though.

Get well soon to Stephen, and best wishes to him and his family.

UPDATE: NO NEWS YET

They have Stephen in the Coronary Care Unit all hooked up to machinery and telemetry. He has been sedated to keep him from moving and disconnecting anything and he was so out of it, he didn't seem to know I was there. I talked to him anyway and maybe he heard me.

There has been not much change since yesterday. He has a full time nurse, and the rest of the staff are also very attentive. I told the nurses how much I appreciate their work.

Betsy, I cannot fully convey how sorry I am that you, Stephen, and your family have to experience this. I hope you see and know how much you two are loved and admired. You have my best, always.

I have not done so publicly yet, but I wanted to express my deepest sympathies for what has occurred. Steve and I have been close for a number of years, and it pains me to think of him in such a state. I know things are bad now, but I continue to hope and wait for the day when Steve is back to his jovial self once again.

And, Betsy ... I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you. I wish you all the strength you need to hang in there. If I can do anything else to help--anything at all--please let me know.

Betsy, thank you so much for the update. I appreciate that you took the time.

Do keep talking to him. And touching him, like rubbing his arm while you talk. I've had patients tell me that they remembered such things, even when they didn't remember what was said. Who knows what the subconscious recognizes when we're out? I think the sensory stimulus is important, especially that of someone we know and are close to. It is something no nurse can do as well as you. That's my opinion, anyway.

Stay strong. You are in our thoughts, as I think you can see.

I wish Mr. Speicher a fast recovery and a quick return to full fuctionality and health.

I only just found out about it, this is a big shock to me. I hope Stephen recovers quickly and that he is soon back to being himself. Best wishes to both of you, you are in my thoughts.

Betsy,

Not to trouble you, but if you could post anything about Stephen's recovery, how he's doing, here, that would be truly appreciated.

I'm sure you're busy and preoccupied, but a word here would cover a lot of ground.

Again, please give him my best wishes on a speedy, full recovery.

Alan

Stephen,

You have two things more powerful than medicine at your side-spirit and love. Your unconquerable, benevolent spirit will push you through the worst of times. And the love of your beautiful wife will hold your hand through this crisis. I regret that something like this had to happen to the best of people; but precisely because you are the best, I am confident that you will emerge victorious. Stay strong Stephen, like I know that you can be, and in the end this will not be a roadblock to your life, but just merely a stumble.

Betsy,

I would like to extend my support to you as well. It's a terrible thing when loved ones get injured, but just like Stephen, you have an optimism, a benevolence, that will guide you through these troubling times.

I truly, deeply, care for the both of you. I wish both of you the best, and I expect to see Stephen's warmth and Betsy's benevolence blessings these boards soon :).