Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thoyd Loki

Power Structure

4 posts in this topic

I purchased a few weeks ago a program called Power Structure. There is a demo version you can try, the purchase price is $179 (or $149 if it is still on sale). It is the best organization tool for creative writing I have ever found. You can choose from plays, tv scripts, novels etc, and are given 9 fully editable tabs ranging from Story/ Theme, plot points, chapters view, 3 act structure, fully functional index card window. You can even use the Campbell/Volger model of story for kicks.

You can use any, all, or none of these. You can also rename most of the catagorization tabs to fit your own needs. And, best of all, it does not stuff you into some model of story, it leaves you utterly in control. Anyone who has tried Dramatica knows what I mean about being stuffed into a model of story.

Is there anything like this for non-fiction writing?

Not from these guys, but I have run across in product searches, such products. I'd give you some names, but I'm a Mac user, odds are you're not. But if you are, let me know.

Is there anything like this for non-fiction writing?

Not from these guys, but I have run across in product searches, such products. I'd give you some names, but I'm a Mac user, odds are you're not. But if you are, let me know.

I'm very interested in nonfiction writing software. I had given up after a few weeks of searching and demo-downloading. Nothing seems to flow nicely. While I'd rather use a PC, I do have a Mac (and I could be persuaded if the software is good enough). Would you mind sharing the specs?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0