ashleyshrugged

Wedding

12 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure how many of you know but Nicolaus and I are getting married on June 16th, and we're actually writing in hopes of finding someone to "officiate" the ceremony. Technically we were married in a civil ceremony, but we're going to have a ceremony for our family and friends and we're looking for someone who can basically present some of the ideas about love and Objectivism to "marry us" at the ceremony. We live in Flagstaff, AZ, and we'd be happy to pay travel expenses and even a fee for the "performance" if someone is interested. We would prefer a person who has experience speaking in front of a group. If anyone has any ideas please let us know. We realize this is short notice but sadly the person who was going to be performing the ceremony is no longer going to be available.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

-Ashley and Nicolaus

I do not know anyone that can do the ceremony but please take my congratulations and hopes for a wonderful marriage.

Ashley and I were married 16 June 2007 and it was a wonderful day! We eventually had a friend of ours perform the ceremony with us. The ceremony was inspired when we watched a movie about a month and a half ago called Love Story in which the characters have a "do it yourself" wedding. As soon as we saw it we both knew that's what we wanted to do!

After the ceremony, we made sure to have plenty of delicious food, dancing, and loved ones. I enjoyed the dancing, as we took a few lessons this past spring. I was quite surprised that 1) too few people know how to dance and 2) how good we were up there (I've seen the video)! It was one of the proudest moments in my life and I hope that everyone else's weddings are as enjoyable as mine.

Ashley and I were married 16 June 2007 and it was a wonderful day! We eventually had a friend of ours perform the ceremony with us. The ceremony was inspired when we watched a movie about a month and a half ago called Love Story in which the characters have a "do it yourself" wedding. As soon as we saw it we both knew that's what we wanted to do!

After the ceremony, we made sure to have plenty of delicious food, dancing, and loved ones. I enjoyed the dancing, as we took a few lessons this past spring. I was quite surprised that 1) too few people know how to dance and 2) how good we were up there (I've seen the video)! It was one of the proudest moments in my life and I hope that everyone else's weddings are as enjoyable as mine.

Congratulations and Mazal Tov!

May you have a joyful life together!

Congratulations, Nicolaus. May you and Ashley have a great life together. :o

When you "do it yourself" in all that you do,

Then "The Wedding Dance" becomes a chance that's true.

When you "think it yourself" in all that you think,

Then the sweet wine of life you n' your wife will drink.

When you've "made it yourself" in all that you've made,

Then all your money and Honey are A-One grade!

Ashley and I were married 16 June 2007 and it was a wonderful day!

Congratulations to you and Ashley, and many happy anniversaries.

How wonderful! Congratulations to you both. May you have all the joy life offers!

(That's two couples from The FORUM to marry! Move over eHarmony. :o

Ashley and I were married 16 June 2007 and it was a wonderful day!

Congratulations to you both!

(Definitely a red letter day :o )

Congratulations Nicolaus and Ashley

tomkat-wedding-fireworks1.jpg

May you love, learn, and grow together

and as individuals

for many, many happy years

It was a happy and personal wedding, made elegant by its sincerity. It was an unforgettable joy to see the two of you get married. :o

Here are a few of my favourite photos:

6-16-07-5.jpg

Ashley getting her hair and nails done

6-16-07-9.jpg

Nick beaming

6-16-07-18.jpg

As reported, the two of them dance well together