Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Groovenstein

LBJ

2 posts in this topic

I mean basketball sensation LeBron James. Watch some of the videos on his page. This guy just single-handedly took down one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, taking his (otherwise mediocre at best) team one game away from the NBA Finals for the second straight year. He scored 48 points in the game, including his team's LAST 25 POINTS, starting in the 4th quarter and going through 2 overtimes.

Oh yeah, he's only 22 years old.

In high school, people were saying he was the next Jordan. He's certainly lived up to that hype, and arguably has exceeded it. The next decade and a half is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

It's funny that I thought this thread was about Lyndon Johnson and I was completely confused. I couldn't have been happier to see it was about LeBron James, whom I worship religiously.

I go to one or two Cavs games a year and am always inspired by what I see. I was fortunate enough to get to see him play when he was in high school and have watched his progression in becoming the greatest basketball player in the world with great pleasure.

Another remarkable sidenote, he is singularly dedicated to success. With the birth of his second son impending, in an interview he straight-up, with no hesitation told the reporter that he told his girlfriend he would not miss a game of the Finals for the birth of his second child. I don't mean to sound anti-family but I think in the future I imagine his child will forgive him and it shows he is uncompromising in pursuing his values.

Just watch LeBron play. If you like basketball at all, it'll be worth your time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0