Betsy Speicher

Vitus (2006)

Rate this Movie   2 votes

1. 1. Artistic Merit

2. 2. Sense of Life or Personal Value

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

Since it appears no one else has found this movie, I thought I might offer some more information and a brief review of Vitus. It is a refreshingly different film from most recent movies, but is apparently not enjoying a very wide audience. It appeared briefly in a local theater, however. The film is in German, with English subtitles, but has won awards in Europe (Swiss film awards) . It is the story of a young musical genius and his experiences in coping with family and school. There are some very interesting and unusual twists of plot, but this is also the tale of a young boy's unusual adaptation to others who make demands on him or reject him because of his genius. His eventual solution to the problem is very interesting from the standpoint of Objectivist philosophy. I found it an interesting and worthwhile experience to watch this film.

Thank you for this film recommendation. I've been seeing a long run of really bad and mediocre films lately, and this one was such a pleasant change. A really good film, worth recommending.