Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uno Momento

Coming Attractions?

2 posts in this topic

Hello Mr. Paxton, I met you briefly in 1999 at an ARI day, and you said you were talking to Winona Ryder's agent about her starring in your next film: Ideal. I guess, for whatever reason having to do with Ms. Ryder's legal situation or other Hollywood difficulties, that project may be canceled or on hold.

I'm just curious if you are at work on anything you are at liberty to discuss. It's alway great to have something to look forward to from the truly talented artists, such as yourself.

Thanks, Jasen

Jasen,

Thanks for your question and for your interest in my work.

There was a point at which Winona Ryder's agent was interested in "Ideal" as a property for her (before she started shoplifting!). Unfortunately, I was not considered an "A" list director (a category that would include people like Martin Scorsese and Mike Nichols) and her agent did not want me involved or attached to the project. Concurrently, however, I was shooting scenes from "Ideal" (with Janne Peters as Kay Gonda) and was planning to integrate those scenes into "Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life." Ultimately, the "Ideal" portions of the film were removed from the documentary in the interest of time and sat on a shelf for a number of years. Recently, however, I resurrected these scenes for inclusion in the Collector's Edition DVD of "A Sense of Life." The Bonus Material disc in this set features all the scenes from "Ideal" that were filmed, as well as, an extensive photo gallery from the shoot. The new DVD edition is readily available at the Ayn Rand Bookstore and Amazon.com. I hope you will take the time to check it out.

As for future projects, I am still pursuing making "Ideal" into a feature film (the scenes that were filmed for "A Sense of Life" cover only about one third of the actual story) and have written scripts for "Good Copy" and "Her Second Career" as well. I've written a '40s-style musical for film and have begun writing a bio-pic about the great French actress, Sarah Bernhardt. As I've said previously, these projects are all in script form only--there are no development deals or actual productions in progress for them at the moment. Even though I work as a producer in 3D animation, I continue to work toward my goal of making another film of my own. As soon as I can make that a reality, I'll be sure to let the Forum know!

Thanks again for your interest,

Michael Paxton

Hello Mr. Paxton, I met you briefly in 1999 at an ARI day, and you said you were talking to Winona Ryder's agent about her starring in your next film: Ideal.  I guess, for whatever reason having to do with Ms. Ryder's legal situation or other Hollywood difficulties, that project may be canceled or on hold.

I'm just curious if you are at work on anything you are at liberty to discuss.  It's alway great to have something to look forward to from the truly talented artists, such as yourself.

Thanks, Jasen

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0