Thoyd Loki

Iran's President to Visit Ground Zero

19 posts in this topic

Heard on local news this morning Iran's president to visit ground zero when he "visits" UN. That is sick in so many ways. I can't think of anything to say about it except to add it to my "Hitler was born too early" file.

Heard on local news this morning Iran's president to visit ground zero when he "visits" UN. That is sick in so many ways. I can't think of anything to say about it except to add it to my "Hitler was born too early" file.

He has been denied access to the site, according to the latest news.

He has been denied access to the site, according to the latest news.

I sure hope that is true. It took me 20 minutes to clean up the oatmeal I spit out when I saw the segment.

While an "official" wreath-laying visit to Ground Zero has been nixed by the New York City government, etc., Ahmadinejad will have free reign to move about the City during his visit to the UN.

Got that?!#!

Given Ahmadinejad's penchant for media-circus attention, I would not be surprised should this Terrorist from Tehran attempt to visit the site on his own . . . the requisite, obliging news coverage having been arranged beforehand, of course.

It is a unequivocal outrage that this evil individual is allowed to set foot in this country. Our leaders clearly have less than zero self-respect, but they should still be able to drum up at least a show of respect to the American citizens who pay their salaries, and summarily forbid the entry of that scum into the United States. My revolt-o-meter is off the charts.

I think this speaks volumes about America's status as a paper tiger and how demoralized its government and people are, that the man who poses arguably the greatest danger to this country, our enemy, feels he is safe to walk our streets.

I think this speaks volumes about America's status as a paper tiger and how demoralized its government and people are, that the man who poses arguably the greatest danger to this country, our enemy, feels he is safe to walk our streets.

He'd better be nervous if he walks down *my* street. :D

Oh, I doubt it. The government can be trusted to protect him from you. Just not the other way around.

That might all change if we elect the right man in 2008.

When Rudy Booted Arafat

By Jason Maoz

JewishPress.com | Friday, October 28, 2005

Ten years ago this week, the UN was marking its fiftieth anniversary with a series of events around New York City, including an Oct. 23 invitation-only Lincoln Center concert performed by the New York Philharmonic for a glittering list of dignitaries and diplomats. When Rudy Giuliani spotted Yasser Arafat and his entourage making their way to a private box seat near the stage that evening, the mayor immediately ordered the Palestinian leader off the premises.

The man in the street cheered the mayor’s gutsy move, but the city’s liberal elite was appalled. "The proper role of New York, as the UN’s home city," sniffed The New York Times, "is to play gracious host to all of the 140 or so world leaders present for the organization’s gala 50th birthday celebrations."

A spokesman for the Clinton administration, which had done so much to build up Arafat’s reputation as a statesman, termed Giuliani’s action "an embarrassment to everyone associated with diplomacy."

Former mayors David Dinkins and Ed Koch held a joint press conference to denounce Giuliani. "Mayor Giuliani has behavioral problems dealing with other people," Koch told reporters.

Two days after the concert an unrepentant Giuliani said, "I would not invite Yasser Arafat to anything, anywhere, anytime, anyplace. I don’t forget."

(Read the entire article)

Oh, I doubt it. The government can be trusted to protect him from you. Just not the other way around.

Of course. After all, he'll be in the country LEGALLY! [To borrow tone and phrase from the effete closed-borders crowd.]

Why are you allowing a man, who is openly arming people with serious weaponry, (which is being used to murder your troops in Iraq) into your country ?

Put yourself in the position of any American parent whose son or daughter was killed with an Iranian made IED or rocket. Wouldn't they be morally (if not legally) justified in buying the sniper rifle and having a go? (i.e. you helped kill my son, ergo, I will avenge him).

An since this is rather fond of illegal detention, why not grab the and 'Guanatamo Bay' his ass.

I can't believe it. If he can come, what about the head of Hamas, or Pol Pot if he were still in charge in Cambodia, Mugabe for sure, all he does is murder his own people and bankrupt his country. (And by the way, you want to fingerprint ME whan I come in as a foreigner?)

Really, where is the moody loner with a rifle when you need one?

I rather liked this guy's suggestion:

What they should have said was “Sure, Mr. Ahmadinejad — money’s a little tight right now and we can’t afford to give you any security, but we’ll make an announcement to our residents that you’ll be there at such-and-such a time on such-and-such a day and they’ll be welcomed to join you in your ‘grief’ at the site of the Twin Towers”, followed by a one-day GUN BAN LIFT for the Citizens of New York City. Ya’ think?

Why are you allowing a man, who is openly arming people with serious weaponry, (which is being used to murder your troops in Iraq) into your country ?

This is a terrific question. And the only answer I can see are the ideals of egalitarianism, multi-culturalism, and self-sacrifice. To paraphrase Michael Hurd (who wrote a book called, Grow Up America!)

Stand Up America!

To paraphrase Michael Hurd (who wrote a book called, Grow Up America!) [...]

I had written the name of Dr. Hurd's book from memory, and had a momentary anxiety that I had not recalled the name correctly, though I had. But I went to his website to check my accuracy, and what did I find on his home page today? I found a terrific article called Photo Op for Terrorism about the very issue in this thread. At least for the time being, that article can be read here:

Michael Hurd's Home Page

Really, where is the moody loner with a rifle when you need one?

:D I was reading your post, and burst out laughing when I read this. Somehow they seem to be around to shoot the good guys, but never the bad guys.

I liked Jay Leno's line last night on TV. "Instead of bringing him to Ground Zero, how about we bring Ground Zero to him?"

I liked Jay Leno's line last night on TV. "Instead of bringing him to Ground Zero, how about we bring Ground Zero to him?"

Touché Jay! Why is it that it is primarily the politicians who seem not to know what America has to do at this point?! Jay Leno seems to know, we seem to know, "the man on the street" seems to know. What is their &$&*#@! problem?

Amen!