Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egochick

Fall Semester Meetings

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Fall 2007 semester meetings are a bit rocky in getting a room. I'm in the middle of filling out all the forms for getting a steady room reservation on campus. I will announce it in this thread when I know there is a room reservation.

Regardless of where, there is an Objectivist Club meeting every Thursday night at 8pm. For anyone interested in coming and needing to know where to show up, send me an email at egochick@gmail.com

Our officers for this year are:

President = Natalie Raven

egochick@gmail.com

Vice-President = Colin Somersall

reader@vt.edu

Hey everyone!

There is still a problem with getting a steady room every night. Tonight we don't have a room (again), so I propose meeting at Deet's Place to give out an essay for next week's discussion. The essay is "Philosophy: Who Needs It?" by Ayn Rand.

We discussed at our first meeting, taking up one of the main 5 branches of philosophy per month. The reason I chose this essay instead of one about a topic in philosophy is that it provides a short, simple answer of why it is important to have a working knowledge ofe philosophy in general.

You can find the essay in a compilation of Ayn Rand's essays of the same name (most book stores carry a good selection of her nonfiction), or stop by Deet's Place tonight between 8 and 9pm to pick up a copy left over from the club fair.

Hope to see you there,

Natalie

PS - Deet's Place is the coffee shop located on the ground floor of the Dietrick building. It faces Washington Street (a bit off the road, behind the construction site) between East Ambler-Johnston and Pritchard residence halls.

The Objectivist Club now has a steady room in 242 Shanks Hall every Thursday night from 8 - 9:30pm.

Shanks Hall is located in the Upper Quad (where the Cadets live) by Shultz dining hall. If you need help getting there for the first time, email me and I'll meet up somewhere on campus to guide you there. Here is a map of campus, if it helps:

http://www.vt.edu/where_we_are/maps/docume...vt_main_map.pdf

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0