Joss Delage

Cox & Forkum bow out

6 posts in this topic

It is a great loss, since their caricatures always hit the mark , and were funny as well.

They will be missed indeed...

http://www.coxandforkum.com/

They will be sorely missed...

Yes. It's a sad commentary on the culture that their cartoons weren't in every newspaper in the country.

They have an offer to sign any of their 3 books for sale if orders are placed before Oct. 12; I decided to get all 3.

Such a great shame, they will be sorely missed indeed!

I realize C&F said they stopped because of financial reasons, but I really think they quit too early. I tried to observe their progress into the culture over the years. At first, after 9/11, they were merely an Objectivist novelty. I thought it might remain little more than that, but suddenly I noticed one of their cartoons in a regular newspaper; then they were starting to be picked up more and more, more and more magazines and blogs, even ending up on Little Green Footballs! I really think that with their pictures, especially since no one else visually sums up these views anywhere, they could be the iconic cartoongraphers of a generation. But ultimately Allen called it quits, and it's a real shame. I am glad though that they will continue working together.

Well, this is sad news. I regularly sent their cartoons to friends and family. I will miss them.

Nobody caught A'jad like they did. They made the best statements.

Damn. I'll miss those cartoons. Checking their site for new ones has become an almost daily habit for me over the last several years, and I emailed dozens upon dozens of them to my friends and family (and they were always appreciated).

My hat is off to them, I thank them for the fuel and inspiration they have provided, and I'm sure they will be successful in their new endeavors, as they deserve.

Do any other O'ist editorial cartoonists exist to fill this newly created void?

CT