Go 4 TLI

Top Five Most Beautiful Cars

37 posts in this topic

On a non-Objectivist web site, insprired by this article, the moderator asked for picks of the top 5 most beautiful car designs ever. He, and I, are asking for pictures with a minimum of commentary. Let the picture tell the story.

Coming up with #3 through #5 turned out to be a tough road for me. But it was a road to discovery: I learned that for me beauty means a red, two-seat, convertible. So without much further ado ...

#1: 1992 Porsche 911 Cabriolet.

1992Porsche911Cab.jpg

#2: Acura NSX-T. (Granted, this is a targa top. But since Acura didn't make these as convertibles, I'll forgive it that.)

AcuraNSX-T.jpg

#3: Morgan Aero 8. (I couldn't find a decent picture in red, so use your imagination.)

MorganAero8.jpg

#4: Mercedes Benz 300 SL Roadster.

Mercedes-Benz300SLRoadster.jpg

#5: 1960 Corvette Convertible.

1960CorvetteConvertible.jpg

I'm curious as to what other Forum members pick.

1) Porsche Speedster

55grnspdstrext1.jpg

(I prefer the simpler bumper, no verticals, but I couldn't find a great pic of that version.)

2) Porsche Carrera GT

Porsche_Carrera_GT_green.jpg

3) FirstGen Porsche 911

Porsche%20911%2020%20P6%201.jpg

4) Bugatti Type 101 (Convertible)

52BUGAtti.JPG

(Sorry Re photo quality, but they only built about four convertibles. Slightly better pic.)

5) 1966 Ferrari 330 GTC

SC06_1967_Ferrari_330_GTC.jpg

(Far better in person.)

Here's my list:

1. Corvette.

:(

To get a better feel for the Ferrari 300GTC, click here, highlight "INVENTORY," click on "Collectible/Muscle Cars," scroll down, and click on "Details" for the 1967 Ferrari 300GTC.

Motorheads: If you're ever by Exit 40 of the Long Island Expressway, look for this dealership on the south service road. Between the Lambo and Bentley dealerships, their enormous service facilities, and their popular consignment service, they have hundreds of dream cars on the lot. (Someone should put a diner kitchen on a van and feed the hoards of gawkers that hang there.)

Can't believe no one's mentioned yet this venerable beauty:

camaro_bumblebee_1.jpg

Chevy Camaro!

http://black34v6.wcfb-forums.com/bb2.jpg...

A video clip, of how it sounds

She's standing behind that wreck and my zoom feature won't work on this format (EZ, Phil.) I'll take your word for it, though, FC.

Blasphemy! :( She's just looking a little worn out... but she's got heart! Try the speed test I linked to.

Blasphemy! :( She's just looking a little worn out... but she's got heart! Try the speed test I linked to.

I was only joking, of course. There are several Camaros whose styling I really like -- same Re the Vette. I can't, however, call these cars beautiful (maybe the C4.) Masculine; sleek; purposeful; "fast"; integrated; all of these terms apply to various degrees, but I can't get the word "beautiful" around a Camaro.

Masculine; sleek; purposeful; "fast"; integrated; all of these terms apply to various degrees, but I can't get the word "beautiful" around a Camaro.

Purposeful, sleek, but most especially Masculine, are the words I look for when referring to a beautiful car. For instance, I would call a Ferrari Enzo beautiful because it stylizes those qualities well. How else to judge cars for us men, if not by how they stylize masculinity in a way that appeals to each particular individual? I hope you wouldn't call a bubbl-icious VW Beatle beautiful :(.

Well, I'm partial to my own car (2nd generation Honda CRX).

crx1396s.jpg

Looks good from any angle.

crx1395s.jpg

I also like the Acura RSX and the Nissan 350z. Don't have a 4th or 5th choice I guess.

My cars are:

Chevrolet Corvette C6

Porsche Carrera GT

Porsche 911

Mercedes-Benz SLR

Ferrari 360 Spider

Here's my list:

1. Corvette.

:D

Tsk. Tsk. Lazy, lazy, Ed. :(

I'm not saying you should find cars other than the 'Vette as superlatively beautiful. But the Corvette has appeared in so many incarnations over the years that it should be possible to list the top five most beautiful cars just among the Corvettes.

I chide because I am curious. And because I like beauty.

On a non-Objectivist web site, insprired by this article, the moderator asked for picks of the top 5 most beautiful car designs ever. He, and I, are asking for pictures with a minimum of commentary. Let the picture tell the story.

Coming up with #3 through #5 turned out to be a tough road for me. But it was a road to discovery: I learned that for me beauty means a red, two-seat, convertible. So without much further ado ...

My husband sends his thanks. Same here.

You are both welcome.

Masculine; sleek; purposeful; "fast"; integrated; all of these terms apply to various degrees, but I can't get the word "beautiful" around a Camaro.

Purposeful, sleek, but most especially Masculine, are the words I look for when referring to a beautiful car. For instance, I would call a Ferrari Enzo beautiful because it stylizes those qualities well. How else to judge cars for us men, if not by how they stylize masculinity in a way that appeals to each particular individual? I hope you wouldn't call a bubbl-icious VW Beatle beautiful :(.

So when FC declares a woman to be beautiful....;-)

I do consider the Bug to be a beautiful car. Same for the 356 coupe:

po356c59.jpg

Well, I'm partial to my own car (2nd generation Honda CRX).

Laure,

I love the CRX. I own the straightest GenIII in the land. Though it's been sixteen years since it left the factory, I still get incredible offers for it almost monthly.

And Great Britain's contribution to this...

The beautiful e-type jag

pretty

That one is a 1965, I think. A carbureted V12 in those days . . . 8-12mpg I would think, depending on where and how you drive it.