oldsalt

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 posts in this topic

The Bonhomme Richard Expeditionary Strike Group returned to San Diego last Saturday, bringing home some 2200 members of the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit from Iraq, where they've spent the last 7 months fighting the insurgency in Anbar province. If you've kept up with the news, you know how successful they were. Returning with the Amphibious Assault Ship, USS Bonhomme Richard, were the USS Denver and the USS Rushmore. Altogether, we welcomed home almost 5,000 Sailors and Marines. Yeah! It was something to watch the Marines disembark by helicopters and boats, while the three amphibious assault ships sat offshore by Camp Pendleton.

Anyway, I've been busy doing my very little bit. But I couldn't let Thanksgiving arrive without wishing you all a very happy day and give you my thanks for making my life so much fuller. (One little example: the discussion on logic, and all that has grown out of it, has sent me back to books, articles, and lectures I haven't read or listened to for a while. When things slow down enough, I'll be back and try to catch up, but the experience has been stimulating, to say the least. :D For that I thank everyone who has participated.) There are times when just touching base here gives me a boost! So, thanks to you all for the value you add to my life, just by being your worthy selves.

Betsy, I send a special thanks to you for keeping THE FORUM going, and for being a mentor and inspiration by the example of how you live your life. No disagreement could change the way you've touched my life. I hope you and Matt have a good day.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Thank you, Janet, for your thoughtful posts. To you and to everyone on The Forum, Happy Thanksgiving, and let your happy living be the thanks to yourselves you give.

I would also like to say "Happy Thanksgiving' and welcome home to all the Marines and Sailors that have returned. My brother-in-law, Mark, deployed to Afghanistan this last week. So as some come home, others depart. If anyone is traveling during the holidays, stay safe.

I am thankful that I have made The Forum my on-line home and also want to wish Betsy and her family a Happy Thanksgiving and for keeping The Forum running.

Thank you, Betsy

Betsy, I send a special thanks to you for keeping THE FORUM going, and for being a mentor and inspiration by the example of how you live your life. No disagreement could change the way you've touched my life. I hope you and Matt have a good day.

Thank you, Janet.

Also, this is my big chance to thank Janet for her wonderful Thanksgiving memories (here) and to mention them again for those who read them last year and new members who have yet to discover them. Enjoy!

Click on the picture

for my Thanksgiving greeting

to all the members and guests of THE FORUM.

3133186s.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Happy thanksgiving everyone! :D

I have a lot of thanks to give, to this wonderful country in which I live in, and to forums like this one.

Have a wonderful holiday everybody :D