MichaelJ

Christmas lights!

7 posts in this topic

I always find christmas lights to be very fun!

This year, around the world, many people have built some amazing displays.

I personally like this one that I found, due to the large amount of colour in it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV-Sjqg0dWw

What are your favourites?

I love this time of year...makes me feel like a kid again. Christmas lights totally make my day :) Except this year is so different from years past. Everyone seems so depressed, and there aren't nearly as many decorated houses as last year. Though there are some really cool displays...I need to get a picture of this one house that has a network of what looks like fishing line running between a couple of trees, and hanging from the lines are several dozen ornaments. It looks really awesome. *puts santa hat on* Well...back to last minute gifting...

I love this time of year too! :)

I have noticed the same thing about the christmas lights and people more depressed, but I have also observed global warming acolytes preaching to people to feel guilty for christmas lights consuming power.

No matter, they can live their way of life, I can live mine, and when they see the stark difference and the joy it has, I think that people won't be able to help but smile at the sight of the lights and it will help reawaken their spirit. :)

I am certainly looking forward to when I can afford to put my own big light displays up. :)

Your description of the decorations has caught my interest, I would love to see it.

Christmas lights are so delightful!

When I am out at night this time of year I always take to long way home through residential streets, particularly those I know have some great displays. So many of them in my neighborhood are just amazing and that is a testament to the Thousand Oaks sense of life and the intelligent, creative, and happy people who live here.

This one's my favorite:

I've first seen it a few years ago, and it never ceases to impress and boggle the mind. From what I understand, it cost $20,000 to produce, was built by a man who was an electrical engineer by training, and took him 2-3 months to put together. His was the first of these orchestrated Christmas lights from which all the rest followed, and as far as I'm concerned he's still the greatest!

Wow, FC, that's fantastic! Almost worth a trip to Ohio. I love the music he chose too, it has a punch that goes well with the sudden sprays of light.

The best I've ever seen myself is the

display done by the Phoenix Zoo at their annual "Zoolights". The camera angle isn't that great, so bear in mind that these trees are [from my memory] 2-3 stories tall and line a walkway about a block long. Standing in the middle of that walkway is pretty intense. :) My family goes every year and it's the one of the few things I've sorely missed of Arizona since moving to Indiana.

Wow, FC, that's fantastic! Almost worth a trip to Ohio. I love the music he chose too, it has a punch that goes well with the sudden sprays of light.

The best I've ever seen myself is the

display done by the Phoenix Zoo at their annual "Zoolights". The camera angle isn't that great, so bear in mind that these trees are [from my memory] 2-3 stories tall and line a walkway about a block long. Standing in the middle of that walkway is pretty intense. :) My family goes every year and it's the one of the few things I've sorely missed of Arizona since moving to Indiana.

Christmas lights are so beautiful. Not only that, they are moral, because their is nothing more beautiful than flaunting how much wealthy people are in a free nation.

On a side note, there is something similar happening in my home town, where some guy made his lights be synchronized to the radio. It was not as good as the Trans-Siberian Orchestra house, but it was still quite amazing.