Betsy Speicher

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

22 posts in this topic

Thank you for the Christmas card, Betsy. It was the best on I've received!

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

And thanks.

Betsy, we are all wishing Stephen could have still been there for you to celebrate with, and all we miss him.

Io Dies Natalis Sol Invictus!

In the late Roman Empire, the 25th of December (before the Christians turned it into Christmas) was a massive holiday celebrating the victory of light over darkness and of good over evil. In the Julian Calendar, the 25th of December was the Winter Solstice-shortest day of the year-yet even on the day when the light was the most sparse, it still shone and broke through the darkness. Thus, because of the victory of the Sun and Light, the Romans danced and sang, ate giant meals, and gave gifts to one another in celebration.

So to everyone then, Happy Holy Day of the Victorious Sun :)! Even in the darkest hour, light always shines through :).

Fairies secretly rule the world. I knew it! My thanks to Betsy for confirming this! :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

I hope everyone on the forum has an amazing Christmas and very Happy New Year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wishes to everyone.

Merry Christmas from distant Israel!

Betsy, thanks for the utterly charming Christmas greeting! I think we ought to claim Christmas as an Objectivist holiday, and steal it back from the Christians. Afterall it celebrates the joy of life, production and human progress, and the triumph of light over darkness. Merry Christmas everyone, and best wishes for a wonderful New Year!

I think we ought to claim Christmas as an Objectivist holiday, and steal it back from the Christians. Afterall it celebrates the joy of life, production and human progress, and the triumph of light over darkness.

Yes. It would be nice if we could reach the point where Christ has as much to do with Christmas as Thor does with Thursday.

Thank-you so much, Betsy, for the delightful Christmas greeting! I, too, wish everyone the happiest of Holidays and a wonderful New Year!