Nathaniel Hale 1775

De Hominibus, A New Blog

4 posts in this topic

I doubt it will ever reach any level which may be considered at all popular, but I have nevertheless created a blog where I will post my thoughts on various topics, usually ones on antiquity or the war on Islamic fundamentalism. I have called it "De Hominibus" (Concerning Mankind) since the greatest object of study for a student of the liberal arts ought always to be man and his relation to existence. My first post is concerning the opinions of Cicero and Polybius on the Republican form of government; I hope to add more shortly. The purpose of this blog is to develop my writing skills and secondarily to try my hand at defending good ideas.

http://on-mankind.blogspot.com/

If you have any critique insofar as style, content, or even grammar is concerned please let me know!

I doubt it will ever reach any level which may be considered at all popular, but I have nevertheless created a blog where I will post my thoughts on various topics, usually ones on antiquity or the war on Islamic fundamentalism. I have called it "De Hominibus" (Concerning Mankind) since the greatest object of study for a student of the liberal arts ought always to be man and his relation to existence. My first post is concerning the opinions of Cicero and Polybius on the Republican form of government; I hope to add more shortly. The purpose of this blog is to develop my writing skills and secondarily to try my hand at defending good ideas.

http://on-mankind.blogspot.com/

If you have any critique insofar as style, content, or even grammar is concerned please let me know!

Much success with your new blog! :)

Very good blog, Nathan! As I was reading it, especially the part about democracy, I thought of our current state in America. It's amazing how much things are the same today as they were way back in Cicero's time.

And I too wish you well with your blog. You're off to an excellent start.

:)