Betsy Speicher

Happy Birthday to Vespasiano

20 posts in this topic

Happy Birthday and Mazal Tov!

Happy Birthday, Vespasiano!

I hope you have a wonderful day :).

Happy Birthday, Vespasiano! I hope you get to relish in all the wonderful music that you enjoy. And, thank you for bringing all that wonderful music to my/our attention.

Thank-you so very much, everybody! I'm savoring every minute of the day.

A happy Valentines Day to you all!

Happy Birthday Vespasiano! :)

post-47-1203026168.gif

Happy Birthday, V! I write this as I listen to yet another of your excellent suggestions (Fleming's "Heliane"). Your regular, wonderful posts and great musical tastes are much appreciated, as is your tact and grace overall.

I hope it's an excellent year for you. Keep on posting!

I'll take a different emphasis than the other birthday wishers:

A speech in 78 BC, at the twilight of the republic:

"How long will your hesitation leave your country undefended, and how long will you meet arms with words? Forces have been levied against you, the laws interpreted in accordance with caprice, and in the meantime you are preparing to send envoys and make decrees. But, by Heaven! the more eagerly you seek peace, the more cruel will the war be, when the enemy finds that he can more safely rely upon your fears than upon the righteousness of his cause. In truth, whoever says that he 'hates disturbance and the death of citizens', and therefore keeps you unarmed, is in reality advising you to suffer what the conquered must endure.

If you prefer liberty and justice, pass decrees worthy of your reputation, and thus increase the courage of your brave defenders. A new army is ready; fortune attends the stronger; soon the forces which our negligence has assembled will melt away."

Hope that has significance for you. Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday to you, Vespasiano.

Song delights to have a devotee

In one strong bright Americano;

He delights even more than she,

Art's ageless knight, Vespasiano.

Have a wonderful Happy B-Day Vespasiano

My goodness! Once again, I thank you all for your good wishes. You overwhelm me!

I can report that I had an absolutely beautiful day, so beautiful in fact that I didn't want it to end (as a matter of fact, it almost didn't! :) ). But the excitement of starting fresh a new day and a new year in the life won out; and so today, I'm off and running!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting