Betsy Speicher

Samson

Rate this music   8 votes

1. 1. Rate this music

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

I have not put up any music to rate because I think that most of the music I listen to (other than classical) would not be enjoyed by the majority of the members here. However, I find Regina Spektor's voice amazing, especially on the song Samson. I like three other songs off her album Begin to Hope: On the Radio, Better, and Fidelity. Most of her lyrics are not very sensible, though Samson and Fidelity are, but that is not the point. Her voice is just so beautiful. She also plays her own piano. If you would like to check her out, her myspace page here has four full songs, including Samson, Fidelity, and Better. To be explicitly clear, let me qualify. I do not recommend the whole album, just a few songs, especially Samson. Sometimes she does a very odd, staccato type thing with her voice that I don't particularly enjoy, and she has some songs that are quite odd.

But with that said, I really think the songs I mentioned are worth checking out. Let me know what you think.

I love Regina Spektor's voice!!! She is a little quirky, and her music is definitely not for everyone. But I agree, I think "Samson," "Better," and "Fidelity" are great songs (though I'm a fan of the whole album)!

51A1dLF-pzL.jpg

Samson by Regina Spektor.

Music suggested for rating by realitycheck44.

A few years ago, I was listening to this album on repeat (and singing along with it).

This is a very pretty song. The woman is very talented, and I like her voice and piano melodies very much. The song is also romantic, which is something that I value in music. It is, however, a tragic song. Why does he have to be her sweetest downfall? Why not her most beautiful achievement?

Regina Spektor is in my opinion far and away the greatest singer songwriter of the third millennium. This song is extremely good but it would not be in my top 10 favorite Regina songs. She also has the most vibrant and happy personality you could hope to find which makes her live recordings especially enjoyable. I highly recommend all her albums except the most recent one "Far" which was kind of weak and poppy.

She keeps a tune OK, but I find the voice weak as if she is just singing to herself.

I agree -- this song is very pretty; I think mostly due to her vocals and melody, while lyrically I am less impressed. What bits of her other music I've listened to seem too whimsical and sporadic for me to enjoy, but this one definitely gets a thumbs up! 9/10