Linda

Quent Cordair Fine Art Moves to Napa

19 posts in this topic

It's official: we're relocating the gallery to downtown Napa. The new retail space is twice the size of our Burlingame store, about 3600 square feet. Yes, this makes twice in three years that we've doubled in size, with thanks to all of our hardworking artists and loyal patrons who have helped make this relocation and expansion possible.

Our current expectation is that we'll be able to open the doors by mid-June.

We'll host a gala grand opening sometime thereafter. Pictures of the remodeling and build-out are coming soon.

We're very excited to be relocating to the heart of the Wine Country (sixty miles north of Burlingame; only 45 minutes north of San Francisco), where we'll have the opportunity to introduce our collection to discerning visitors from the world over. The central downtown location is within blocks of dozens of historic bed-and-breakfast inns, as well as new boutique hotels, a Westin property under construction and a new Ritz Carlton soon to break ground. Also in the neighborhood are many wine tasting rooms, great restaurants, the newly remodeled Opera House, a new river walk and COPIA, "The American Center for Wine, Food and the Arts."

To visit our Burlingame gallery during the transition, please call ahead for hours or to schedule an appointment, which we will be happy to accommodate, as our hours of operation will be sporadic over the interim.

HOW CAN YOU HELP? We're having to buy a lot of lumber, drywall, concrete float, paint, additional track lighting, etc., plus the labor and expertise to put it all in the right places, the right way. Any art purchases you can make over the next few weeks will greatly assist with our construction budget, which in turn supports our artists by making it possible for us to display and sell more of their wonderful paintings and sculpture.

It's official: we're relocating the gallery to downtown Napa. The new retail space is twice the size of our Burlingame store, about 3600 square feet. Yes, this makes twice in three years that we've doubled in size, with thanks to all of our hardworking artists and loyal patrons who have helped make this relocation and expansion possible.

Our current expectation is that we'll be able to open the doors by mid-June.

We'll host a gala grand opening sometime thereafter. Pictures of the remodeling and build-out are coming soon.

We're very excited to be relocating to the heart of the Wine Country (sixty miles north of Burlingame; only 45 minutes north of San Francisco), where we'll have the opportunity to introduce our collection to discerning visitors from the world over. The central downtown location is within blocks of dozens of historic bed-and-breakfast inns, as well as new boutique hotels, a Westin property under construction and a new Ritz Carlton soon to break ground. Also in the neighborhood are many wine tasting rooms, great restaurants, the newly remodeled Opera House, a new river walk and COPIA, "The American Center for Wine, Food and the Arts."

To visit our Burlingame gallery during the transition, please call ahead for hours or to schedule an appointment, which we will be happy to accommodate, as our hours of operation will be sporadic over the interim.

HOW CAN YOU HELP? We're having to buy a lot of lumber, drywall, concrete float, paint, additional track lighting, etc., plus the labor and expertise to put it all in the right places, the right way. Any art purchases you can make over the next few weeks will greatly assist with our construction budget, which in turn supports our artists by making it possible for us to display and sell more of their wonderful paintings and sculpture.

Linda, congratulations to you and Quent. I wish you continued success.

I doubt you would remember, Linda, but we met about three years ago when I stopped in to the gallery while I was on a business trip in the area. Absolutely loved what I found there! Congrats on your growth and success!

Thanks everyone. The construction of the new gallery continues to move forward. We'll let you know when we have an opening date.

Your website is incredible :)

I would love to see your gallery for real.

Do, if you ever get the chance. It was impressive enough at its previous location,* which I had the good fortune to visit about three years ago. No doubt it's even more so now.

_____

*I won't call the old site "cramped"; let's say "cozy and jam-packed with wonderful works.' :)

It's official, we have opened the doors to the new Napa gallery. I am posting pics and gallery info on a new blog at www.cordair.blogspot.com Enjoy!
Bravo, Linda! My best wishes to you and Quent! I hope this widens your audience and expands sales. And what a great excuse (as if I needed one) to come up to the Wine Country! :wacko:

Just wanted to say that I had the pleasure of visiting the new digs this past weekend (ask Linda about the meaning of 'digs' with regard to the floor) to visit the pieces I'm buying, and it is a fabulous space. It is airy, well lit and friendly. Not everything has been moved yet, including furniture, but it's getting there. Unlike my Burlingame visits Quent was actually there! He was taking some measurements for some signage but managed to give me a short lecture on displaying art. I made a comment about seeming wasted space on the walls because the pieces for the most part are displayed in a line without other pieces above and below. But Quent pointed out that is a better way of doing it because otherwise your mind is busy with several pieces at once rather than one. Made sense.

The parking situation is a bit better. It's always free but there are hourly restrictions every day but Sunday. Linda also mentioned something about a parking garage but I don't know where that is. I also noticed that for California residents the sales tax is half a percent less in Napa than in Burlingame.

Lots of places to eat (Jack-in-the-Box has become Linda's favorite :wacko: !) and lots to do. Alan, visiting the gallery is reason enough to go, wine tasting is a bonus! I'm thinking it might be interesting to get a group together to go for a visit - something to keep in mind. If you decide to go plan to stay a while. Both Linda and Quent mentioned the Silverado Trail which sounds very interesting but just schlepping around would be satisfying too.

Well worth a visit.

Very funny Dave! "Jack" and I have only become friends because his is the only place to get food after staining the floors at 3am. B) It was a pleasure having you visit. I'll take care of your "girls" until you make it back up here again. Anyone else planning a visit, feel free to contact me in advance for pointers. Napa is fabulous; especially with its beautiful new art gallery! :)

Hi, Linda:

I plan to visit the new gallery location in Napa when I come down to California in a couple of months; looking forward to it!

And I may have asked this before, but: are there any plans to have another "Arts Cruise" sometime in the next few years? If so, where? Would it be an Alaskan cruise? or what about a Mediterannean cruise, because of the Italian Renaissance art or the ancient Greek sculpture?

Hooray! Michael Wilkinson's acrylic sculptures are now at Cordair!

Congrats on the move, Linda!

How cool to know that someone is keeping an eye on us...we have not even made the official announcement about Michael Wilkinson joining our esteemed group of artists yet. Surprise and thanks for noticing and being excited for us!

Hi, Linda:

I plan to visit the new gallery location in Napa when I come down to California in a couple of months; looking forward to it!

And I may have asked this before, but: are there any plans to have another "Arts Cruise" sometime in the next few years? If so, where? Would it be an Alaskan cruise? or what about a Mediterannean cruise, because of the Italian Renaissance art or the ancient Greek sculpture?

We are looking forward to seeing you again Jim. There is a chance that after we recover from the relocation that we'll consider another Arts Conference. :)

We'll definitely keep you posted.