Tito

Awful BBC Documentary

9 posts in this topic

There is nothing unusual or newsworthy about an awful BBC documentary. What might be novel or interesting would be a good BBC documentary.

There is nothing unusual or newsworthy about an awful BBC documentary. What might be novel or interesting would be a good BBC documentary.

It is logically impossible for a BBC product to be "good" because it will be made with money stolen at gunpoint.

The NASA moon landings were funded from money taken at gun point, but that doesn't stop landing on the moon from being a heroic act. It was the funding that was the corrupt portion of it.

More on the subject of this thread, one of the things I do consider to be more positive that comes out of the BBC is the modern Doctor Who series. Some of its episodes are quite enjoyable to watch. :)

The NASA moon landings were funded from money taken at gun point, but that doesn't stop landing on the moon from being a heroic act. It was the funding that was the corrupt portion of it.

More on the subject of this thread, one of the things I do consider to be more positive that comes out of the BBC is the modern Doctor Who series. Some of its episodes are quite enjoyable to watch. :)

I haven't seen the more modern ones, but I did love Tom Baker as the Doctor. It was a great series, cheesy effects and all. It had a benevolent universe premise, where the good guys win. Would you like a Jelly Baby?

Regarding the BBC, there was a time, circa WWII, when they were regarded as the best in the world. They were very objective and civilized from all I've heard. They are nothing more than a corrupt propaganda machine today. What an awful transformation they’ve made.

Regarding the BBC, there was a time, circa WWII, when they were regarded as the best in the world. They were very objective and civilized from all I've heard. They are nothing more than a corrupt propaganda machine today. What an awful transformation they’ve made.

Ditto for the New York Times and other once-great media icons.

I haven't seen the more modern ones, but I did love Tom Baker as the Doctor. It was a great series, cheesy effects and all. It had a benevolent universe premise, where the good guys win. Would you like a Jelly Baby?

The British Broadcasting Company, as it used to be called, was a private company. It went downhill since it was effectively nationalised.

They have shifted focus from an individual guy using his brains to outwit thugs a la Baker, to a look at "relationships" Eurgh....

I recommend all the Attenborough animal documentary.