Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lady Brin

A reply from Mr. J. Peterman [Company]

9 posts in this topic

The J. Peterman company has a suggestion box for its customers. I find it to be *Good* when the owner himself responds. Plus, with the never-ending stream of bad news, I thought this to be cheerful.

Dear Mr. Peterman:

I hope you haven't forgotten that I'm still dead to replace the black Milano wool full sweep skirt. Mine was devoured by moths.

I have been purchasing from you since the early 90s. Since I still wear a size 4, it's amazing the collection of J. Peterman items I own; eliminating the wool skirt, of course (I still have it in my possession for some odd reason - dunno maybe I'm hoping to learn the ancient technique of darning? Yeah, right). One item I've always meant to purchase and never have is the J. Peterman coat. The tan collar isn't my color. Maybe I should replace it with fur?

BTW I'm still in denial that I'm past 50. To boost my aging ego I recently purchased an '88 911 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet with a top speed, so far, of 145 MPH. Sadly I can't race it on the track without a roll bar. However, because it is in perfect shape with only one previous owner and less than 45,000 miles, the caveat is that a roll bar would decrease its value. What's a middle age Mississippi speed demon to do? Well, next week I should be picking up a '77 911 Porsche Carrera hardtop with a 3.0 European engine with custom racing suspension tailored to my size in a turbo body. Both cars are Guards Red. It would be wonderful if you offered some unique driving outfit. I would so like to arrive at the track looking divine.

Best premises,

Lady Brin Hendrix

If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement,

I'd be unstoppable!

Dear Lady Brin,

Thanks for your note.

You are certainly a woman after my own heart. I'm afraid that I don't have anything at this point that could keep up with your driving habits. Don't change your driving habits, let me try and catch up.

J. Peterman

Even if I don't make a purchase, I love reading his catalogs.

The first time I heard of J. Peterman was from my sister-in-law. She told me that she loved to read the copy in their catalog! I hadn't ever heard of that phenomenon before, but I understood after seeing the catalog. I should get myself on their mailing list again. B)

This just goes to show how unfashionable I am, that I thought J. Peterman was just a made-up character on Seinfeld. B)

I looked up the website, though, and have enjoyed reading through it. Very fun entries, including this one.

This just goes to show how unfashionable I am, that I thought J. Peterman was just a made-up character on Seinfeld. B)

I looked up the website, though, and have enjoyed reading through it. Very fun entries, including this one.

Interesting and fun. Thanks for the link!

I think the new you would look smashing in his Thomas Jefferson shirt and smell divine with the 1903 cologne.

I think the new you would look smashing in his Thomas Jefferson shirt and smell divine with the 1903 cologne.

Alas, they only have XL and XXL. It looks like a nice, casual shirt though.

Alas, they only have XL and XXL. It looks like a nice, casual shirt though.

He'll replenish the stock; it's been a consistent item for years. I bought both a white & blue-checkered one back in the early 90's. I enjoy wearing them just because Jefferson is one of my hero's. Everything I've purchased has been made with excellent material and quality construction, they never seem to wear out. Last summer I did re-dye a much worn red knit dress, and it looks brand new again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0