william

Ron Paul supporters try to persuade Republican Party delegates with DVDs

16 posts in this topic

Ron Paul supporters managed to persuade voters in the Republican caucus in Alaska where 48% of the chosen delegates to the nominating convention are actually Ron Paul supporters!

A decision was made to attempt to persuade the delegates at the convention in Minneapolis by sending two successive DVDs which are being professionally created and edited to enlighten the delegates that it is within their rights legally to vote based on the knowledge they may not have had when they were chosen at their caucuses. They can abstain during the first ballot thus freeing themselves from any pledge or bound status and can then vote their own judgment.

If you are as displeased by the choices please consider a modest donation to www.dvds4delegates.com which is trying to have Ron Paul become the Republican Party nominee for president. Ron Paul supporters are the most passionate and active in advocating for him, raising funds, enlightening others and they are most knowledgeable about issues not even addressed by the others.

Ron Paul would bring home troops from the 826 military bases in 130 countries in the world, cut the budget by close to one trillion dollars each year, abolish the IRS and replace it with nothing!

www.dvds4delegates.com and click on donate today. Watch the video on the home page by Griffin. Join us at www.campaignforliberty.com. This movement will continue beyond the election.

Wm

Ron Paul would bring home troops from the 826 military bases in 130 countries in the world,

Ron Paul's pacifism is a major turn-off for Objectivists and his anti-abortion views don't make him very popular either.

To find out more about why Objectivists won't be supporting Ron Paul, do a search on "Ron Paul" and especially read the "Ron Paul" thread here.

The problem with Ron Paul is that, like other Libertarians, he really has no clue what "freedom" means. His pacifism is based on the same moral equivalence that the liberals are guilty of. He defends the free market because he believes that's what a 200 year old document tells him to do. This is totally compatible with his views on abortion, dictated by The Bible, and his inability to see Islamic Fundamentalism as threat (after all, who are we to judge how they follow their own old texts?). Ayn Rand gave two false arguments for Capitalism presented by Republicans. One was faith and the other was tradition. Ron Paul is no break from that. This is why, despite a smattering of good views on the role of government, he will and should lose. I'd actually rather have a pragmatist in office.

The problem with Ron Paul is that, like other Libertarians, he really has no clue what "freedom" means. His pacifism is based on the same moral equivalence that the liberals are guilty of. He defends the free market because he believes that's what a 200 year old document tells him to do. This is totally compatible with his views on abortion, dictated by The Bible, and his inability to see Islamic Fundamentalism as threat (after all, who are we to judge how they follow their own old texts?). Ayn Rand gave two false arguments for Capitalism presented by Republicans. One was faith and the other was tradition. Ron Paul is no break from that. This is why, despite a smattering of good views on the role of government, he will and should lose. I'd actually rather have a pragmatist in office.

I think that both Obama and McCain would be far worse as president. McCain is a loose cannon with no clear principles except his notion that each of us should be willing to give our lives for something greater than our own selfish interest. I don't know what he has in mind but he is totally out of touch with the individualism which this country is supposed to be all about.

I agree with you that Ron Paul is wrong about the abortion issue and the stem cell research issue. I don't see him as a pacifist. He does oppose the fact that the US has troops on 826 military bases in 130 countries costing taxpayers close to one trillion dollars each year. Only he would bring most of them home enabling the IRS to be dismantled and the Income Tax to be abolished! You ought to watch his videos on youtube.com or at www.campaignforliberty.com or at www.whoisronpaul.name Watch the John Stossel video interviews. Only Ron Paul would stop the irrational War on Drugs which has destroyed so many lives and incarcerated so many immorally.

Only Ron Paul sees the Federal Reserve System for what it is and would abolish it. Only Ron Paul is in favor of gold and/or silver backed currency to compete with the Federal Reserve Notes.

Please learn more about him and his issues. I don't care if he thinks evolution is a theory or not. I do care that he wants to have a bill enacted which would consider unborn to be persons with rights! It hasn't passed, probably wouldn't stand up to challenge, but is not enough of a reason not to support him when he is so correct on so many other crucial issues.

Obama might beat McCain. Ron Paul would be a superior candidate than McCain whom even Republicans dislike.

Ron Paul has been elected to Congress eleven times and has never voted for bills not authorized in the Constitution.

I know. I know. But the DVDs from www.dvds4delegates.com are almost ready to send to each and every delegate before the nominating convention and might be sufficiently persuasive so that McCain will not be chosen and Ron Paul might be chosen as the nominee!

William

Obama might beat McCain. Ron Paul would be a superior candidate than McCain whom even Republicans dislike.

The reason McCain prevailed in the primaries over Ron Paul is that even more Republicans dislike Ron Paul.

I know. I know. But the DVDs from www.dvds4delegates.com are almost ready to send to each and every delegate before the nominating convention and might be sufficiently persuasive so that McCain will not be chosen and Ron Paul might be chosen as the nominee!

If Ron Paul himself could not persuade enough Republican voters and delegates, there is no way a DVD made on his behalf is going to change that.

You ought to watch his videos on youtube.com

I saw about all I could stomach on youtube last year when I watched

. He likens Islamists to Americans under attack, asking what you would do if your homeland was invaded. Because he believes terrorism is the result of attacks from the US, what is his solution? - Withdrawal of our troops and negotiation with the militant groups that seek to destroy us.

From a Dennis Miller interview:

We had already been associated with radical Islam, because of the intervention that we had pursued before. We, at one time, were an ally of Osama Bin Laden; one time an ally of Suddam Hussein.
If you understand what motivates suicide terrorism, you'll realize it's not radical Islam. The most motivating factor is that fact they are being occupied by a foreign force.

He actually believes US foreign policy is responsible for terrorism, and that we can end the war by withdrawing from the ME.

And this is also the buffoon who claimed that the American Civil War was "senseless".

Ron Paul is beyond ignorant, he is irresponsibly ignorant. No one so clueless about the basis of freedom and the threats against it should run for office. I think we’d even be better off with Obama than Paul, because at least Obama might crumble to public pressure and not completely abandon his duties.

The reason McCain prevailed in the primaries over Ron Paul is that even more Republicans dislike Ron Paul.

I disagree. Most Republicans had no idea who Ron Paul is or what it was about him which appealed to those who did find out about the man, his character, record as ten term Congressman who adhered to the principles embodied in the Constitution, his courage in standing alone against the party hierarchy, and the fact he brought the attention of so many to crucial issues that the other candidates were oblivious to, and their relationship to the fact that the Constitution had been ignored in so many instances, leading to our current problems.

If Ron Paul himself could not persuade enough Republican voters and delegates, there is no way a DVD made on his behalf is going to change that.

We will see!

William

I disagree. Most Republicans had no idea who Ron Paul is

Most? He was in the debates and on bumper stickers and on TV talk shows, so I don't see what excuse any Republican could have for not knowing who he was. They saw him, they heard him, and yet they didn't want him. You're free to do as you like, but I think not only are your praises for the man unwarranted, but you're just wasting your time wishing for the impossible.

I disagree. Most Republicans had no idea who Ron Paul is

Most? He was in the debates and on bumper stickers and on TV talk shows, so I don't see what excuse any Republican could have for not knowing who he was. They saw him, they heard him, and yet they didn't want him. You're free to do as you like, but I think not only are your praises for the man unwarranted, but you're just wasting your time wishing for the impossible.

Ron Paul received over 1.1 million votes cumulatively in the primaries. Evidently there were voters who did like what they saw and heard. Although their were others who liked him I believe they didn't vote for him only because they thought he didn't have a chance, which was the impression the main stream media wanted to convey. IF the www.DVDs4Delegates.com project is successful and Ron Paul does get the nomination at the nominating convention when McCain does not get the 1191 needed, then Ron Paul will have the attention he deserves and will offer the voters a more rational alternative than McCain or Obama.

Wm

[...] then Ron Paul will have the attention he deserves and will offer the voters a more rational alternative than McCain or Obama.

He already got the attention he deserves, and he is no rational alternative.

[...] then Ron Paul will have the attention he deserves and will offer the voters a more rational alternative than McCain or Obama.

He already got the attention he deserves, and he is no rational alternative.

And your assertion is based on what evidence?

I acknowledge that he is wrong on the abortion/woman's right to choose issue. But he is right on so many other crucial issues. He is the only politician in this race who takes the principles enshrined in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights seriously. What do you find irrational in that?

Wm

And your assertion is based on what evidence?

I acknowledge that he is wrong on the abortion/woman's right to choose issue. But he is right on so many other crucial issues. He is the only politician in this race who takes the principles enshrined in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights seriously. What do you find irrational in that?

Wm

Your praise of Ron Paul is completely concrete bound. You speak of his positions on the "issues", but not of his underlying ideas which determine them. On what basis does he lay the natural rights of man? On what basis does he take the Constitution and Bill of Rights seriously? Treating the principles of the constitution as self-evident is not a proper starting point. You would end up having a man who would appear to many people to be the representative of constitutional principles, but he would undermine them because he holds these principles for false reasons; these false reasons would be pointed out by the enemies of free government and thus destroy any chance we have for long term change.

Do you agree with Ron Paul's views on the war? I notice you have not answered my previous post.

Do you agree with Ron Paul's views on the war? I notice you have not answered my previous post.

And as for the assertion Republicans didn't know about him, you couldn't swing a cat in the US without hitting a "Ron Paul Revolution" poster early in the campaign. Unless said Republicans were hiding under rocks, it was pretty difficult NOT to know who Paul was.

Ron Paul would bring home troops from the 826 military bases in 130 countries in the world, cut the budget by close to one trillion dollars each year, abolish the IRS and replace it with nothing!

And if there is another 9/11 what will Ron Paul do? Will he bomb the Umah (Islamic domain) to rubble? Probably not. Is Ron Paul capable of what Harry Truman did in 1945? I think not. Given the kind of enemies this country has, I would prefer that the next President be a stone killer. I fear I am doomed to disappointment. I want our next President to be blood thirsty, lean, mean and a hard heart. Right now the Planet Earth has become a Very Bad Neighborhood. It is in desperate need of a cleanup. Do we have the people for that task? I doubt it. We in the dar al Harb are in mortal danger from the dar a'Sala'am and none of our leaders seems to be aware of how much danger we are in.

Unfortunately Shamus O'bama is inclined to re-distribution and Hope. And McCain is inclined to political expediency. But one of these is going to be POTUS. I weep for the Republic.

ruveyn

You ought to watch his videos on youtube.com

I saw about all I could stomach on youtube last year when I watched

. He likens Islamists to Americans under attack, asking what you would do if your homeland was invaded. Because he believes terrorism is the result of attacks from the US, what is his solution? - Withdrawal of our troops and negotiation with the militant groups that seek to destroy us.

He actually believes US foreign policy is responsible for terrorism, and that we can end the war by withdrawing from the ME.

And this is also the buffoon who claimed that the American Civil War was "senseless".

Ron Paul is beyond ignorant, he is irresponsibly ignorant. No one so clueless about the basis of freedom and the threats against it should run for office. I think we'd even be better off with Obama than Paul, because at least Obama might crumble to public pressure and not completely abandon his duties.

I think that essentializes it nicely. Ron Paul is not a stupid man; he's a smart man. Smart men often hold monumentally wrong ideas, unfortunately. Therefore, I hold him entirely responsible for the ideas he espouses and they are really bad. I know my first response when Texas Air took over and occupied Continental Airlines was to put on a flak jacket and 100 pounds of explosives and blow myself up -- certainly any sane person would do that, right? How could he pretend that our presence in the Middle East is "responsible" for this product of mindless, relentless fundamentalist indoctrination. They kill each other when we're not around. The fights in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Lebanon now have more to do with Shi'ite vs. Sunni, Wahabbi vs. less-radical Sunnis, Kurd vs. Sunni & Shi'a, than any convenient temporary Western target. But they understand, apparently far better than Ron Paul does, that they can only spread their control, violence, repression, and rotten ideas if the United States backs away. They are out to kill us, but they are patient. They are starting with the propaganda war and people like Ron Paul are their biggest enablers.

Ron Paul's analysis of Islamic radicalism and the threat to the United States is shallow, facile, and deadly. It's ironic that the video bborg links to above is a year old and completely discredited, as Al Qaida in Iraq is in its death rattle, thanks not just to the American "surge" but to the complete disgust of a populace that is tired of its indiscriminate, wanton, nihilistic destructiveness. I'm not a fan of the contradictory mix of religion and politics that makes up the current Iraqi government, but even with that confusion, they are so far rejecting the politics of hate and murder.

William, do you actually agree with Paul's assertions that we are the villain and Al Qaida and Hezbollah and Hamas are freedom fighters? I want to be clear what you actually think, not (to essentialize): "Vote for Ron Paul and all our troubles will be over." They'd just be beginning. Fortuantely, he has not an ice cube's chance in Phoenix of ever getting elected, so all that's left is the "message." And his message is not a good one. Even with the warm dark chocolate Free Market coating. Such things cannot be defended on bad philosophy. No thanks.