Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnRgt

Milano Cookie Recommendation

10 posts in this topic

We picked up a package of Pepperidge Farm's Chocolate Mint Milanos about a month ago. Even though the mint is just a bit too pronounced, the two of us, and most of the people we work with in the food industry, are hooked.

We've been storing them in an air-conditioned room, as the flavors loose the balance we love and the textures fall apart when the cookies go much past 80-85F.

Who said mass produced food can't be good?

(For what it's worth, I'm not a huge fan of most of the other Milano flavors.)

Oh don't even tempt me. I've always had a weakness for good cookies, which is why I don't keep any in the apartment! My favorites were always E.L. Fudge, Nutter Butters or Oreos. Of course, there's nothing like fresh baked chocolate chip...the problem is not eating them all in one sitting.

Of course, there's nothing like fresh baked chocolate chip..the problem is not eating them all in one sitting.

I can't even imagine it!

:)

We picked up a package of Pepperidge Farm's Chocolate Mint Milanos about a month ago. Even though the mint is just a bit too pronounced, the two of us, and most of the people we work with in the food industry, are hooked.

We've been storing them in an air-conditioned room, as the flavors loose the balance we love and the textures fall apart when the cookies go much past 80-85F.

Who said mass produced food can't be good?

(For what it's worth, I'm not a huge fan of most of the other Milano flavors.)

Well blow me down! The day has come... JohnRgt has recommended something that I can get at my local grocery store. :)

I have been a Milano fan for years -- all flavors except plain chocolate, especially the orange/chocolate -- but when they came up with the peppermint Milano, I have to admit that the orange finally had a rival, and occasionally, only the mint will do. But my usual modus operandi is to keep a bag of each flavor, and have one of each, on the rare occasions when I indulge -- often accompanied by my idiosyncratic tea-mixture (a mix of peppermint, chai, earl grey, jasmine, and thai teas).

While we're talking about cookies...

I just read that Mrs. Fields is filing for bankruptcy. This is very sad. I remember in the 70s and 80s consuming large numbers of those incredible cookies.

I just read that Mrs. Fields is filing for bankruptcy. This is very sad. I remember in the 70s and 80s consuming large numbers of those incredible cookies.

Their quality has been plummeting for at least 10 years. Too bad because at her peak she made some of the best cookies around.

Their quality has been plummeting for at least 10 years. Too bad because at her peak she made some of the best cookies around.

Although I loved her oatmeal & raisin, I probably haven't had one in 15 years - haven't lived anywhere they were sold. In looking up info on the bankruptcy, it wasn't clear to me if "Mrs. Fields - Debbi Rose" was still in charge, or if the she had sold out to investment bankers (or did she add TBYC to her franchise?), which might account for the quality decline. I greatly admired her determination back in the 80s when I was more aware of her and her delightful cookies. Her bio states she's living in Memphis, doing philanthropic work. Her husband is COB of First Horizon National Corp, located in Memphis - in which I happen to own stock.

It was interesting to learn all these connections thanks to a Milano Cookie. :) That's one of the things I love about the Forum - I'm always learning something new!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0