Jim A.

"Old Time Radio"

2 posts in this topic

There is a website that plays "old time radio" programs 24 hours a day for free, surviving on listener contributions.

Just go to: www.otrnow.com, and then click on "Webcasts". On the next page, you will see two channels running concurrently all day and all night long. One is for general material--variety, comedy, drama, crime, etc.--and one dealing only with crime dramas, called CrimeTime.

This site is a little oasis on the 'net, for those times when one is searching for values in entertainment.

Thanks for this recommendation Jim, as I like this old time stuff. Please excuse a general rant about websites because I found it required too much effort to find what I wanted.

Rant on/ When it comes to websites, is it just me who wonders at their layout? It seems that some builders figure that that the more scattered clutter the better. Quite frankly, I get lost on many sites, and end up going around in circles. Why is it so difficult for them to have a basic layout that says: If you want to do this, click here. For example, if you want to listen to comedy, this is how you select your program. Help with choice of player would be nice too. I think the problems stem from disorganized minds. My phone company site requires diligent searching for the log on button for example. /Rant off.

Thanks again Jim, because I think the content is wonderful. I just had to get my problems with lay-outs off my chest. :)