Betsy Speicher

Objectivism in One Lesson

Rate this book   1 vote

1. 1. Rate this book

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

I give Objectivism in One Lesson a 10. I think that it was a wonderful, brief introduction to Objectivism. Of course Atlas Shrugged is probably the most effective introduction to our philosophy.

When I give Bernstein´s book a 10, I am slightly afraid that I may possibly not be objective, because of the fact that I have already studied Objectivism for such a long time (30 years), so if there is any lack of clarity in Bernstein´s book, I might not have detected it. Is there anyone here who read Bernstein´s book when he was new to Objectivism, who can give his opinion of the book?

I give Objectivism in One Lesson a 10. I think that it was a wonderful, brief introduction to Objectivism. Of course Atlas Shrugged is probably the most effective introduction to our philosophy.

When I give Bernstein´s book a 10, I am slightly afraid that I may possibly not be objective, because of the fact that I have already studied Objectivism for such a long time (30 years), so if there is any lack of clarity in Bernstein´s book, I might not have detected it. Is there anyone here who read Bernstein´s book when he was new to Objectivism, who can give his opinion of the book?

When I write - "I have studied Objectivism for such a long time (30 years), so if there is any lack of clarity in Bernstein´s book, I might not have detected it." what I mean is that there may be elements of Objectivism that seem obvious to me, but that are not obvious to somebody who is new to Objectivism, and if Bernstein failed to adequately explain such an element, I might not have noticed that he failed to make it clear for the minds of novices.