MichaelJ

Art of a communist dictatorship

5 posts in this topic

I wasn't too sure which forum to put this post.

The art that is on display in a Chinese dictatership.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...icle1746817.ece

When you think of the art that is produced by greek / roman artists, or the art produced in the enlightenment, and then look at that mess, I find it clearly concretises what sort of people each nation is ran by, and which type of person is encouraged in such a society.

I shuddered when I saw the Chinese art. May we never see such horrific art on our shores.

I shuddered when I saw the Chinese art. May we never see such horrific art on our shores.

Horrific is definitely the word for it.

II shuddered when I saw the Chinese art. May we never see such horrific art on our shores.

It isn't a Chinese invention - they've clearly imported it from modern Western "art", unfortunately.

I had no desire to look at the slideshow after seeing the first image. But whether in America, Europe or China this kind of art reflects a grotesque view of reality on the part of the artist/buyer. Thanks for not posting it inside the thread.

II shuddered when I saw the Chinese art. May we never see such horrific art on our shores.

It isn't a Chinese invention - they've clearly imported it from modern Western "art", unfortunately.

It immediately reminded me of the critter in Star Wars (IV?).