Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
piz

New Blog by Famous Objectivist!

14 posts in this topic

OK, maybe he's a not-so-famous Objectivist cool.gif, but he's awfully good-looking.

The Four Rs

Not much content there yet, seeing as it's new and all, but what is there ain't bad, and it sure looks nice.

Check it out.

OK, maybe he's a not-so-famous Objectivist cool.gif, but he's awfully good-looking.

The Four Rs

Not much content there yet, seeing as it's new and all, but what is there ain't bad, and it sure looks nice.

Check it out.

How do ya like that?! Looking good, Piz.

Hey, nice work. :) It's too bad about the Google ads though, right now there's one for a CO2 Emissions calculator.

Hey, nice work. :)

Thanks!

It's too bad about the Google ads though, right now there's one for a CO2 Emissions calculator.

Yeah, it sucks. I have no control over that, though. Google doesn't allow you to filter ads.

Good work Piz. If you don't mind a suggestion; I think that "quotation" marks would make it much easier to read, rather than a slight difference in print size, to separate your comments from the source. Regarding the 'profiting from insuring a car', I think the original was referring to the the person doing the insuring and not the insurance company.

Keep up the good work. :)

Good work Piz. If you don't mind a suggestion; I think that "quotation" marks would make it much easier to read, rather than a slight difference in print size, to separate your comments from the source. Regarding the 'profiting from insuring a car', I think the original was referring to the the person doing the insuring and not the insurance company.

Keep up the good work. :)

I've been messing around with the formatting for a while now. The quoted text is formatted automatically by the HTML <blockquote> tag, so I don't really have any control over that. I changed the font of the quoted text in the hope that it will make it stand out a bit more. I'll keep trying things.

I think you're right about the insurance thing. Oops. ;P I'll post a fix, thanks!

Volunteers, please, from any time zone except U.S. Eastern (EST, GMT-5). I need to test something on my blog that I can't do myself. Take a look at the latest post, "Objectivist Roundup #71", and find the spot below the text of the post where it says "Posted by Piz at" and the time. Tell me your time zone and what time you see there. For example, I'm in EST and I see 7:01 PM. I'm trying to find out if that time shows as the time in my time zone or in yours.

Thanks.

Volunteers, please, from any time zone except U.S. Eastern (EST, GMT-5). I need to test something on my blog that I can't do myself. Take a look at the latest post, "Objectivist Roundup #71", and find the spot below the text of the post where it says "Posted by Piz at" and the time. Tell me your time zone and what time you see there. For example, I'm in EST and I see 7:01 PM. I'm trying to find out if that time shows as the time in my time zone or in yours.

Thanks.

7:01PM (From GMT+10)

7:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, as well. Apparently, your post proves that there are absolutes. When you write, it's 7:01pm everywhere. The power must be intoxicating.

7:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, as well. Apparently, your post proves that there are absolutes. When you write, it's 7:01pm everywhere. The power must be intoxicating.

Or toxic. :angry2: I wonder if it's the same on the moon. Anybody know what the time zones are up there?

Thanks to all for the feedback. I'm going to modify the blog so posts show times in the reader's local time. Looking into it last night, it turns out to be really easy to do, even though Blogger doesn't support it. Pays to be a programming geek...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0