SteveGrossman

Two Movies

3 posts in this topic

Somebody, here or at HBL, recommended a movie, "Island (Isle?) of Lost Ships." There is a 1929? version and a slightly newer one but one was recommended more. Internet Movie Database says, I believe, the 1929 version exists in only one copy, in a museum. Help!

Does anyone know the full name of the movie, "Ten Ways...?" I believe it was recommended here or at HBL.

Somebody, here or at HBL, recommended a movie, "Island (Isle?) of Lost Ships." There is a 1929? version and a slightly newer one but one was recommended more. Internet Movie Database says, I believe, the 1929 version exists in only one copy, in a museum. Help!

Ayn Rand raved about the 1923 silent version of this film. Here is one mention in Letters of Ayn Rand, p. 430.

"I saw the silent version of The Isle of Lost Ships (with Milton Sills and Anna Q. Nielsen) when I was a child in Europe, and I have never been able to forget it. It was a tremendous hit and I remember the delighted excitement with which everybody talked about it. A good story is timeless. It cannot be dated. Its essential appeal will always remain the same."

Ayn Rand raved about the 1923 silent version of this film.

That's certainly a great recommendation but I hope that the person who wrote about the two versions will reply. I believe he said that one was poor.