Betsy Speicher

Chuck (2007)

Rate this TV show   6 votes

1. 1. Rate this TV show

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Chuck Bartowski is embedded with spy secrets by a new government technology when he opens an email from an old friend, who turns out to be a rogue CIA agent. The original disc with this information is destroyed, leaving Chuck a liability but also a government asset. So the government assigns a CIA agent and an NSA agent for his protection, while he is used to pursue threats to national security and such. When he sees a person or item contained in the “Intersect” (the spy data in his head), he “flashes” and can recall information about it.

Meanwhile Chuck is an employee of “Buy More” (like Best Buy, get it? :blink:) and has to keep all of this from his best friend and sister. To protect him without causing suspicion, the CIA agent Sarah Walker poses as his girlfriend (much to Chuck’s sister’s delight and the envy of his friends) and the NSA agent, John Casey, starts working for Buy More. Casey is played by Adam Baldwin, and his character reminds me a lot of Jayne from Firefly.

The premise is ludicrous, the girl is hot, and it has a lot of benevolent humor. That pretty much sums up the show in a nutshell. I get a kick out of it. ;)

I agree, this is one of the few shows I set to tape. It's not that serious, but pretty entertaining. It has a lot of the standard geek type of humor.

But seeing how so many terrorists conveniently show up at the Buy More store has made me start to take a second look at the customers I see at Best Buy....

I just watched the episodes so far of Season 2 online. I really like the show. Yvonne Strahovski is VERY pretty. And the chemistry between her and Chuck is fun to watch. Overall, pretty entertaining.

I classify this show, along with Pushing Daisies, as delightfully benevolent. Oh yeah, and Yvonne Strahovski is hot! ^_^

This show just keeps getting better. I really enjoy that the writers are making substantial changes to the show, while having the characters grow into the people they should be. I really don't watch much TV, but my experience is that television writers illicit change by changing the characters in a bad way (ie House, The O.C.). Because the writers of Chuck are the same as those of The OC, I was afraid the same thing was going to happen to this show. But the drastic changes in Chuck have been brought about by both external events and character growth. The season finale is tomorrow, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

As an aside, I heard somewhere that Fox is considering cancelling the show. :) Every show I like has either been cancelled or worse (try House). I may actually have to write Fox about how much I like the show.

As an aside, I heard somewhere that Fox is considering cancelling the show. :) Every show I like has either been cancelled or worse (try House). I may actually have to write Fox about how much I like the show.

Not much point. Chuck comes on NBC. :D

With the last couple episodes in mind, I'm wondering where they're going to take the story. But I'm still really enjoying it, and I especially liked the appearances by Scott Bacula. I was a big fan of Quantum Leap, and also thought he was pretty good in Enterprise.

Yeah, good call. I was thinking House. My bad.

As to where they're taking the story, one explaination is that they're trying to wrap it up (as in the show is for sure cancelled). The last episode was really interesting, but I've no idea where they're going to take us tonight.

Monday's show was awesome. :D Apparently NBC will be revealing its decision early May. They'd be crazy to cancel this series, it's one of the best things on TV. It's too bad most Americans disagree. :)

Monday's show was awesome. :D Apparently NBC will be revealing its decision early May. They'd be crazy to cancel this series, it's one of the best things on TV. It's too bad most Americans disagree. :)
I feel exactly the same way. It's now the only show I watch weekly. I usually tell my friends when I stumble upon a good TV show (or really anything at all) that I like, and this is the only show (besides Firefly) that many of them regularly watch on their own. Monday's show was amazing, but I can't really start speculating about next season because there might not be one. :D

I see from the IMDB that Yvonne Strahovski is a Sydney girl. Even more reason to like her. Pity she can't use her Aussie accent on the show!

I love Aussie accents. They should have made a "legal" exception and waived the US citizenship requirement for CIA employment for her character. :)

I love Aussie accents. They should have made a "legal" exception and waived the US citizenship requirement for CIA employment for her character. :)
And mate, I am working hahd to acquire one! ;-)

Chuck has been picked up for another season.

http://www.nbc.com/Chuck/

On a related note, Fox decided to keep Dollhouse for another season.

Chuck has been picked up for another season.

...On a related note, Fox decided to keep Dollhouse for another season.

post-47-1243229587.gif

post-47-1243229618.gif

There is intelligent life on Planet Hollywood.