Vespasiano

Dr. Binswanger on Alan Greenspan

13 posts in this topic

Dr. Binswanger comments at some length on Alan Greenspan in a November 7 posting at Capitalism Magazine. Some of it has appeared in other forms elsewhere. Nonetheless, it's well worth a read in this form.

Alan Greenspan vs. Ayn Rand and Freedom

I hadn't seen this until now, thanks for posting this.

Ditto.

Greenspan makes me sick, as do all those who attempt to portray him as an example of why "free markets" (right!) don't work.

This REALLY needed to be said, especially after Greenspan's latest attacks on freedom. HE IS NO OBJECTIVIST! And I think that he has made himself into an idiot, even though he seems to have a high raw intelligence. I have seen this before, i.e. a smart person becoming more and more idiotic as they age, and the rationalizations for their bad ideas take over, and leave no room for intelligent thought or discussion.

I've put a link to Dr. B's excellent article on Objectivism.net. It's too bad that it's taken this long for Objectivist intellectuals to explicitly and forcefully repudiate Greenspan's supposed connections to Objectivism - it would have had a greater impact when he looked like a "superstar" and primed people to the idea that he was a traitor and not a representative, rather than now when it looks like spin and damage control - but at least there are now some good pieces circulating around that analyze the issue.

For some reason, the link appears to be faulty.

I got access to it at 1800, 15 minutes ago, no problem. I clicked on it after I read your post and got "This page can not be displayed." Perhaps if you try a little later? It's a comment well worth reading.

For some reason, the link appears to be faulty.

I got access to it at 1800, 15 minutes ago, no problem. I clicked on it after I read your post and got "This page can not be displayed." Perhaps if you try a little later? It's a comment well worth reading.

This is the error message I received, just now.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

System resource exceeded.

/article.asp, line 27

Nevertheless. It's easy to find Capitalism Magazine. I would think that most Objectivists have it bookmarked. I know I do.

/article.asp, line 27

Nevertheless. It's easy to find Capitalism Magazine. I would think that most Objectivists have it bookmarked. I know I do.

Hmmm. I got the same error message for my Cap Mag bookmark. Some system must be down.

/article.asp, line 27

Hmmm. I got the same error message for my Cap Mag bookmark. Some system must be down.

That's typically an error code from using the Microsoft Access database engine, which was never designed for multithreaded applications such as serving web pages.

That's typically an error code from using the Microsoft Access database engine, which was never designed for multithreaded applications such as serving web pages.

I'm not sure I can tell from this whether the error is within the computer I'm using or at the other end. I'm using a MacBook with OS X. As far as I know, the only Microsoft aspect to this computer is the Microsoft Office suite, from which I've only ever used Word.

I'm not sure I can tell from this whether the error is within the computer I'm using or at the other end. I'm using a MacBook with OS X. As far as I know, the only Microsoft aspect to this computer is the Microsoft Office suite, from which I've only ever used Word.

That is definitely an error code from the web server. Some web sites create pages dynamically using some or all of the data from a database engine. 'Article.asp' refers to a Microsoft dynamically generated web server page, it has nothing to do with your system. There are many kinds of database engines, some cost $ and some are free (though excellent), but the silliest one to use would be from Microsoft Access, yet there it is.

The server is now back up. The article is available.