Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnRgt

Killer Food Processor

3 posts in this topic

KitchenAid has discontinued their absurdly powerful and capable Proline food processor. It's been on sale for $300 for some time but when I found it for $242 delivered on this site, I went for it (note the code for the $10 coupon.)

Amazon Reviews

Fact is, the criticisms I've seen of this model apply to all current KitcehnAid food processors. They also apply to professional models whose starting prices run two and three times as much as the 850s -- and the 850's motor is rated 50% more powerful, parts cost less, and KitcehAid's 2-year "no hassle" warranty has a great reputation.

I've used this unit several times. It's a high-end, solid (24lbs!), big volume machine that fits both the low volume pro and the dinner party gastronome like a glove. I hate that the only color that's still available is black -- harder to see if it's spotless, it's sort of bleak -- but at this price...

I started this topic shortly after putting in an order for this machine. Having gone two or three days without confirmation, I called the retailer.

According to KitchenAid, a shipment of these units is expected to arrive at their distribution warehouse within a week. Mail order customers should be receiving their food processor within three weeks. (I also learned that KitchenAid usually provides parts for seven years after a model is discontinued, so parts and service for this model should be available for some time.)

UPS dropped this thing off today.

WOW!!!

It's ridiculously big -- it'll need its own counter. It's very heavy -- this thing will never shake when kneading tough dough or while making peanut butter. It's fiercely powerful -- the perfect backup for your dinghy's outboard, assuming your dingy can handle the weight.

After playing with it for a while it became clear that this is a pros and gourmands that love to cook for battalions-worth of friends sort of appliance.

The downside for me is the styling. Retro isn't my thing and this model epitomizes the '50s kitchen appliance look. Add the size and this thing will dominate the esthetics of any kitchen.

Well, off to turn some trees into mulch.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0