Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ABB

Three Legendary Tenors

1 post in this topic

I just finished listening to a CD compilation of arias and songs (and one duet) sung by Bjorling, Caruso, and Gigli. three of the greatest tenors ever. I was mesmerized by their truly spectacular singing!!! Even if you are not an opera fan, this compilation is well worth a listen. The 21 tracks cover a wide range of composers and styles and demonstrate the versatility and mastery of these remarkable artists. Having all three together like this highlights the unique character of each.

This Nimbus CD has apparently been around for awhile, but only came to my attention recently. Although the recordings were originally old 78's, from as far back as 1907, the sound quality is quite good. The link here is to an out of stock Amazon listing since it has sample tracks, but Amazon and B&N each have it new for under $10. (Track 21, the only one not sampled, is one of my favorites, the duet from the Pearl Fishers by Bizet. The version of this I like best is by Bjorling with Robert Merrill, but this collection has Gigli singing it with Giueppe de Luca and I think Gigli gives Bjorling a pretty good run for the money).

Who's your favorite of the three?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0