free spirit

Amazing recipe for Sweet and sour meatballs

5 posts in this topic

This recipe is actually stepping out of my box for me as I've never been a fan of sweet and sour anything. But recently, my good friend took me to her Mothers house and this is what we had for dinner. It was very flavorful and absolutely delicious. If you are a novice, the recipe itself turns out wonderfully, but if you are a little more experienced in cooking, and are familiar with flavors, the recipe is definitely open for options and tweaking.

SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS

1 lb of ground beef

1 egg

1/2 cup of bread crumbs

1/4 cup of parmesean cheese

About a tbs of ketchup

A couple shakes of worcestershire sauce

Lots of black pepper, a little salt, paprika, a good dash ( 1/2 tsp) of garlic powder, or more if you love garlic like me :))

Veggies:

About a 1 cup and a half of an assortment of your favourite veggies. ( I used carrots, onion, celery, broccoli and cauliflower)

1 bottle of sweet and sour sauce ( I got one that was meant for stir - fry, as it tended to have a little extra flavor)

Mix the above ingredients with the meat thoroughly, making sure it stays together when forming the ball. If it starts to fall apart, add more breadcrumbs and mix.

Brown them in canola or olive oil, cooking through. Set aside. In same pan or different one, add 1 tbs of butter, and fry veggies. Add sweet and sour sauce, then add meatballs and mix thoroughly. Add 1/4 cup of water if sauce is too thick.

Serve over prepared rice and enjoy! :)

Me too.

My family love Sweedish meatballs, which I make in a similar way but serve over noodles with brown gravy.

This sounds like something we would all love and it would be different from the ho hum.

Thanks for this.

My mother-in-law had a delicious, quick, and easy way to make sweet and sour meatballs. She mixed a 10 oz. jar of guava jelly with a 12 oz. jar of chili sauce heated in a big skillet until hot, dropped in the meatballs, and served them in the sauce when they were cooked through.

Looks tasty, free spirit, although I'm going to make sure Gordon Ramsay isn't around if I decide to prepare it!