Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thales

Obama's Regulatory Czar an Animal Rights Wacko

5 posts in this topic

It gives me no pleasure to post this, but this is another heads up on where this country is headed.

http://www.evilconservativeonline.com/2009...inst-guide.html

excerpt:

Meet Cass Sunstein. He's a noted animal rights activist. He's dead set against hunting and sees the keeping of pets as a form of slavery. He's been a strong advocate for the concept that animals can sue humans, he's adored by the likes of PETA, he's a Harvard Law School professor and he's about to be America's new Regulatory Czar.

Obama has arrayed some big time leftists against us, but this guy takes the cake. The fact that he is in charge of regulation and is barely rational makes him particularly dangerous.

Keep your powder dry.

I’m looking for good news, guys.

1) Don't take this point too seriously, as it is just anecdotal evidence, but I thought I'd mention it and ask for more observation. Most people aren't vegetarian or vegan or raw-foodist or any other derivative I missed. Most dietary preferences of people I know are for religious reasons or dislike for the taste of certain meats. (I'm sure some people actually study this stuff too).

2) There are far more pet owners than people who equate pets with slavery. On the subject of pets and slavery, anyone who has ever owned a cat knows the cat's opinion on who is slave and who is master ... :D

3) The breeding, raising, transportation, slaughter, and processing of animal products is already highly regulated. There are also animal cruelty laws that are more enforced than is publicized.

4) Making it illegal doesn't mean it won't exist. (I'm thinking of that South Park episode where cats were outlawed, but insert your own example here.)

That's not great news, but it may cheer up the pessimistic side of us all. :D

Obviously this notion is very non-common sensical... but it really makes me laugh when my cat, cradled comfortably in my arms, purrs, while lovingly looks up into my eyes with droopy eyes. Not to mention the 40$ bag of vet grade cat food I buy them with the occasional can of real tuna, combined with fresh water daily.

2) There are far more pet owners than people who equate pets with slavery. On the subject of pets and slavery, anyone who has ever owned a cat knows the cat's opinion on who is slave and who is master ... rolleyes.gif

I agree egochick :D If that's slavery, and I'm a cat... sign me up!!

I’m looking for good news, guys.

We are alive, which means we can still fight.

We have that much for sure, Ray! And we also have one powerful set of ideas to fight the fight and lots of good and smart people engaging in the intellectual battle. So, yes, I see good things out there. Just gets to be a bit of a downer at times.

1) Don't take this point too seriously, as it is just anecdotal evidence, but I thought I'd mention it and ask for more observation. Most people aren't vegetarian or vegan or raw-foodist or any other derivative I missed. Most dietary preferences of people I know are for religious reasons or dislike for the taste of certain meats. (I'm sure some people actually study this stuff too).

2) There are far more pet owners than people who equate pets with slavery. On the subject of pets and slavery, anyone who has ever owned a cat knows the cat's opinion on who is slave and who is master ... :D

3) The breeding, raising, transportation, slaughter, and processing of animal products is already highly regulated. There are also animal cruelty laws that are more enforced than is publicized.

4) Making it illegal doesn't mean it won't exist. (I'm thinking of that South Park episode where cats were outlawed, but insert your own example here.)

That's not great news, but it may cheer up the pessimistic side of us all. :D

Good points, egochick, but I was thinking more along the lines of the guy's epistemology. People who believe in animal rights to the degree that guy does are usually very corrupt epistemologically and so I can't imagine justice will be well served with a guy like that in charge of federal regulations.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0