Betsy Speicher

Yaron Brook on Glenn Beck

10 posts in this topic

Really terrific. I'm glad he's on TV as often as he is, and that he does such a good job each time.

There's something different about his appearance, though I can't quite point my finger at what it is. Has he lost weight? Has he done something with his hair? He looks younger, somehow. Just an observation. :lol:

He did very well.

Thank you, Betsy. This was great to see!

Dr. Brook approached the issue of altruism in what struck as a very good and interesting way. First, he didn't use the word altruism. Instead, he said that the liberals "capitalize" on the fact that the dominant morality is to help the poor, sick, and so forth. He got in that it is "unfortunate" that this is the dominant morality. But his main point was that the Left is taking advantage of others' altruism. Showing how they do it is much more powerful than simply denouncing their ideas. It exposes them.

Through the exposure of their method, Dr. Brook demonstrates the power of his thinking and, by extension, the Objectivist method (as well as some of the basic ideas on morality). He named what's happening in reality and the reasons for it. This demonstrates Objectivism's value. I've thought for awhile now that Objectivism will spread by focusing on "the how," its thinking method, with people coming to the core premises of Objectivism afterward. Dr. Brook's responses struck me as doing that by revealing the reality Left's tactics.

I just go this in the mail

Dr. Onkar Ghate, senior fellow at the Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights, is scheduled to appear on the Glenn Beck Program on Fox News today, Friday, February 20, 2009, at 5 pm Eastern (2 pm Pacific). Dr. Ghate will discuss the erosion of our constitutional republic, and how we can end our slide toward dictatorship.