Nate Smith

The American Form of Government

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

A friend sent this to me. It's a great introductory piece on the fundamentals of different political systems. I don't know who produced this, but I wouldn't be surprised if he/she had some influence from Ayn Rand.

http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/

It's a great link to forward to those not familiar with the issues (and those that are).

Hi,

A friend sent this to me. It's a great introductory piece on the fundamentals of different political systems. I don't know who produced this, but I wouldn't be surprised if he/she had some influence from Ayn Rand.

It's a great link to forward to those not familiar with the issues (and those that are).

It's produced by the John Birch Society, and narrated by one of it's members, John McManus. This is another production of theirs, with the same narrator:

It's produced by the John Birch Society, and narrated by one of it's members, John McManus. This is another production of theirs, with the same narrator:

From the video:

Born in 1776, our country is the offspring of a religious-based heritage of liberty under law.
America became great precisely because the stifling effect of too much government had been prevented. However, freedom in America was not totally unrestrained. Americans overwhelmingly chose to limit their actions with moral codes such as the ten commandments.

They can't build what they claim to want on that.

Hi,

A more accurate political sprectrum will show government having zero power on the far right to having 100% power on the far left. At the extreme right there is no government. The extreme left features total government... Towards the middle of the spectrum can be found the type of government limited to its proper role of protecting the rights of the people. That's where the Constitution of the United States is. Those who advocate such a form of government are really Constitutional Moderates.

A Constitutional Republic with limited government is not a matter of degree, half way on the "political spectrum" between totalitarianism and anarchy, enforcing some undefined "rights of the people" in the name of "moderation". The proper distinction is between objective law protecting the rights of the individual to live by his own rational mind versus rule by force. Both anarchy and totalitarianism, and all their variants, are rule by force. This is not a matter of "moderation" telling us to adapt "Moderate Constitutionalism".

The best introduction to this are Ayn Rand's essays "The Nature of Government", "Man's Rights", etc., not the JBS.

A Constitutional Republic with limited government is not a matter of degree, half way on the "political spectrum" between totalitarianism and anarchy, enforcing some undefined "rights of the people" in the name of "moderation". The proper distinction is between objective law protecting the rights of the individual to live by his own rational mind versus rule by force. Both anarchy and totalitarianism, and all their variants, are rule by force. This is not a matter of "moderation" telling us to adapt "Moderate Constitutionalism".

The best introduction to this are Ayn Rand's essays "The Nature of Government", "Man's Rights", etc., not the JBS.

bravo!