JohnRgt

Dr Brook article in the WSJ

9 posts in this topic

The WSJ forum software is busted, it won't scroll beyond page 5, at least using Firefox on a Mac.

Most of the posts on this thread have been split off into a new thread "You used what??" on the "Engineering & Technology" forum (link).

The WSJ forum software is busted, it won't scroll beyond page 5, at least using Firefox on a Mac.

Yes, I posted around page 12, but as you say, nothing past page 4.

Not only is the paging still broken, you can't get around it by reversing the order; the later pages come up but are blank. As I wrote earlier, which was removed:

[T]he comments on the web pages past 4 do not display at all, even if you reverse the order to "newest first" to try to retrieve the lastest ones.

I notified the wsj through their contacts page but who knows if they will ever notice it or get to it.

I guess that means you can't see your own comment once it's posted, nor can anyone else. Too bad. For me there were also four pages of comments -- sort of. There were only two comments on the fourth page.

It's likely some data corruption causing the problem. There are lots of great comments up to that point, however!

Not only is the paging still broken, you can't get around it by reversing the order; the later pages come up but are blank. As I wrote earlier, which was removed:
[T]he comments on the web pages past 4 do not display at all, even if you reverse the order to "newest first" to try to retrieve the lastest ones.

I notified the wsj through their contacts page but who knows if they will ever notice it or get to it.

Interim response from WSJ:

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:35:07 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you for contacting The Wall Street Journal Online regarding our Opinion Journal Forums.

We are researching the issue and will provide a more detailed response shortly.

We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve your question.

Cordially,

Customer Service

The Wall Street Journal Online