1 reply to this topic

#1 RohinGupta

RohinGupta

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:30 AM

Here are the scenarios

Scenario I
1. Go to member's profile.(Who has been posting regularly for around six months).
2. Click on tab "posts".
Result: Only his recent posts can be browsed.

Scenario II
1. Go to any of the posts by the member in forum.
2. On clicking drop down list arrow by his name in Row 1,column 1, "Find member's posts" option comes.
Result: All his posts can be browsed.

Even if its not feasible to fix the problem technically. I hope members become aware, and can use second method, whenever required.

Personal Potential Values at stake: I almost missed some brilliant old postings by a member.
Every IS implies an OUGHT.
FACT AND VALUE

#2 Betsy Speicher

Betsy Speicher

Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

Here are the scenarios

Scenario I
1. Go to member's profile.(Who has been posting regularly for around six months).
2. Click on tab "posts".
Result: Only his recent posts can be browsed.

That's a bug in the software.

Scenario II
1. Go to any of the posts by the member in forum.
2. On clicking drop down list arrow by his name in Row 1,column 1, "Find member's posts" option comes.
Result: All his posts can be browsed.

Even if its not feasible to fix the problem technically. I hope members become aware, and can use second method, whenever required.

Personal Potential Values at stake: I almost missed some brilliant old postings by a member.

Yes, that works. You can also go to the advanced search page (link), enter the member's name in the "Filter by Member Name" box, and under "result Type" select "Show results as posts."
Betsy Speicher

Betsy's Law #1 - Reality is the winning side.

Betsy's Law #2 - In the long run you get the kind of friends -- and the kind of enemies -- you deserve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users