Raphaella di Piero, by Bill Bucko

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bill Bucko

Bill Bucko

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
  • Interests:Aesthetics

I'm the author of three novels set in the Italian Renaissance, "Bring Me Giants!", "The Outcasts," and "Raphaella di Piero." I translated the French adventure story that inspired the young Ayn Rand, "The Mysterious Valley" (Atlantean Press, 1994). My fiction and non-fiction have appeared in "The Atlantean Press Review" and "The Intellectual Activist." Student of Objectivism since 1966; had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Ayn Rand in 1971! I recently discovered--and donated to the Ayn Rand Archives--both French children's magazines that the young Ayn Rand subscribed to.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

The Kindle edition is available NOW:

http://www.amazon.co..._kindle_ext_tmb

The paperback edition will be available in 3 or 4 days, as soon as I verify that the proof copy printed OK.

From the description:

A harrowing drama of murder and love, in the early Italian Renaissance!

“What is she to conclude, when she understands what happened? That love leads to ... death? That pain is all she can expect, if she ever cares for someone? .... You look into her eyes and see a wall of fear to keep you out. You would die for her, and that’s why she can never be yours?”

Raphaella di Piero tells of a profound love; but it is not primarily a love story. Its theme is the crucial importance of valuing in human life. It tells of two children, their souls deeply scarred by violence, who struggle to make sense of the world around them.

From the author of The Outcasts: the story of a girl whose father murdered her mother … and the boy who loves her.
What was it he had wished for long ago, lying awake one night ... troubled, struggling to understand? ... He had wished for a world in which parents didn't torture their children, or lie to them. He shook his head. He would never live to see that.

But couldn't there be such a world?

Someday ...

It seemed almost too much to hope for. But there was a chance.

from The Outcasts, chapter 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users