Photo

Ten Summoner's Tales

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this music (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this music

1. 10 (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. 9 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 7 (1 votes [33.33%])

5. 6 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

8. 3 (1 votes [33.33%])

9. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

10. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

11. 0 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Betsy Speicher

Betsy Speicher

Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:37 AM

Posted Image

Ten Summoner's Tales by Sting.

Music suggested for rating by Mercury.

Betsy Speicher

Betsy's Law #1 - Reality is the winning side.

Betsy's Law #2 - In the long run you get the kind of friends -- and the kind of enemies -- you deserve.

#2 Mercury

Mercury

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:56 AM

Ten Summoner's Tales is, on the whole, better than The Soul Cages, in spite of the latter's Mad About You. This atheist musician creates Romantic melodies that no religionist in pop could even dream of.

I mean, there's so much good stuff here, from the immensely popular Fields of Gold, the Lethal Weapon hit It's Probably Me, and the much-sampled Shape of My Heart.

These three are excellent songs, but I think the gems are the lesser-known Seven Days, Something The Boy Said, and Nothin' Bout Me. Sting's lyrics may clash with my philosophy, but they're always very intelligent and well-crafted.

If you're into melody and intelligent lyrics and want to try something 'new' this Christmas, check out this album.

#3 PhilO

PhilO

• Admin
  • 3,885 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:07 AM

Sting's lyrics may clash with my philosophy, but they're always very intelligent and well-crafted.

I've thought that myself, as a Sting fan. Also, Fields of Gold is one of my favorite songs.
Isle thats awaited us,
Be not afraid of us;
Souls of Atlantismen
Come here to stay.

http://brianroycefau.../taking-charge/

#4 Betsy Speicher

Betsy Speicher

Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:17 PM

Sting's lyrics may clash with my philosophy, but they're always very intelligent and well-crafted.

I've thought that myself, as a Sting fan. Also, Fields of Gold is one of my favorite songs.

Mine too.

What I like about Sting is that his music is not only melodic, but it is also sensual and complex. One song of his in particular, "Wrapped Around Your Finger" that Sting wrote when he was part of The Police, really got to me. It inspired me to return to the dance and I choreographed "The Sculptor" for it. (click here)
Betsy Speicher

Betsy's Law #1 - Reality is the winning side.

Betsy's Law #2 - In the long run you get the kind of friends -- and the kind of enemies -- you deserve.

#5 Mercury

Mercury

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

What I like about Sting is that his music is not only melodic, but it is also sensual and complex.

I absolutely agree.

One song of his in particular, "Wrapped Around Your Finger" that Sting wrote when he was part of The Police, really got to me. It inspired me to return to the dance and I choreographed "The Sculptor" for it. (click here)

I would like to see this. I really hope you are, one day, able to commit this to video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users